Hurley's Gold

Anybody using software other than Outlook for mail?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Browser/mail should make NO difference on email account. Brave, Opera, Thunderbird, what ever.
    Military Camp

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    For what its worth, Aol & Yahoo emails are the same since they were merged together in 2016. Verizon bought Aol in 2015 and then purchased Yahoo in 2016.

If you want security/privacy, go with Protonmail or setup your own server.

Gmail, Yahoo, HotMail, Aol.... all use algorithms to read your emails, this information is then used to sell targeted ads. Other data collected is made "anonymous" and sold to 3rd parties for whatever. If the product is free, then you are the product...

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I use Thunderbird on my Linux desktop, and Outlook on my 'work' iMac - although I usually just use the web interfaces.
    For what its worth, Aol & Yahoo emails are the same since they were merged together in 2016. Verizon bought Aol in 2015 and then purchased Yahoo in 2016.
    That I didn't know!

Eli

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Throw in another Thunderbird vote for stand alone email client.

I also have a couple Protonmail accounts. Gmail is used for stuff I don't mind getting spammed for, I only use the protonmail accounts for more serious stuff. No online shopping or nonsense that is going to get my data sold. My only regret is, when I used to be an insurance agent, using my primary proton mail for setting up all my contracts with various insurance carriers - its been over a year since I let my license lapse and I still get shit from them, despite reporting spam and blocking. They just send from other email addresses.

Stoneez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2024
    Ponder
    Thunderbird, for sure. The only reason I switched to Office is because the company is paying for the license and the Excel stuff populates better.
    If I didnt use so much excel, I would switch back.

Top Bottom