• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If it isn't too late, make a complete copy of your medical records (the originals do not belong to you, but you can make copies) and highlight where any items that may earn you disability ratings are annotated...
    Gun Zone Deals

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I got denied on December 15th, but I have since contacted Rep4Vets to assist. From the "logic" that they used to to deny me I believe that someone without medical training makes the decisions, and I think that they are becoming a lot like getting disability from Social Security in that you have to sue them to get anything.

Don't use rep4vets those guys will take the first offer given and then take you money. Get with the VFW, American Legion, DAV, or the Texas Veterans Commission. Those guys know what there doing and will get you what you deserve. I'm 100% total and permanent and recently declared home bound.

Outlaw482

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Laredo
    I agree with you that your need the help as I do too. I know of a lot of soldiers who never even went overseas and are getting benefits. I am not saying they dont deserve it but I would like some help too. They keep telling me they need more information to justify my claims.

Outlaw482

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Laredo
    I worked thorugh the VA office at Ft Sam Houston, they were very helpful in getting my claim processed. I think it is critical to get it done when you separate, trying to prove something years after you get out can be extremely difficult...

Good luck! M2

That is were I messed up.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I agree with you that your need the help as I do too. I know of a lot of soldiers who never even went overseas and are getting benefits. I am not saying they dont deserve it but I would like some help too. They keep telling me they need more information to justify my claims.

its the standard. if you give up, they figure you dont need it. i know its hard and a lot of these trips from one side of town to the other is tedious. but it will pay off, hang in there, get with a real rep from one of the orgs weve listed that will work with you.

CPTKILLER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Gatesville, TX
    I've had mixed luck although I did eventually part of what I requested regarding disability. Don't give up, consider a good attorney that will work for about 20% of your settlement. Also, DAV is good. State employees all seem frustrated, overworked, and underpaid. Since their service is free, you get what you pay for.

I have a couple of issues to work on and in fact need to work on lots of internet research to complete this mess. By the way, hearing loss if approved is about 10%.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i actually spent 5 hours today at the Dallas VA.... i think i'll stick to my tricare prime insurance and private doctor - that place is a zoo

a perfect example of why universal health care is a bad idea....as if i didnt get enough of that in a 21 year military career

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I have 60% disability overall, 10% of which is for hearing loss. I was able to get it approved when I retired, so it isn't "impossible" to get the VA to recognize it.

I worked thorugh the VA office at Ft Sam Houston, they were very helpful in getting my claim processed. I think it is critical to get it done when you separate, trying to prove something years after you get out can be extremely difficult...

Good luck! M2

Same here. The huge amount of soldiers filing now make it less likely you will get awarded a percentage. I got lucky and filed my claim in early 2002 before the GWOT crowd hit the VA.
    Get with a group like DAV or something similar. There are key phrase
    s and tips they will give you to help you through the process.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Best advice.........don't give up! That's what they want you to do. Took me over 4-years of filing and appeals but finally got 30% and back pay to original filing date. Now up to 50%.....do not give up!

Portals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    round rock
    I second (third?) the DAV. Lifetime member, good people.
    You should have a county VA rep. They usually are retired military, with a disability.
    Use every contact you can get, but follow the guys that know the system. If they don't know the terminology, find someone else.
    The best help came from guys that have submitted and followed many claims.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Any one who receives a VA disability payment and is not a member of the DAV, is like a gun owner not being a member of the NRA.

Life, DAV & NRA.

Be well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    10% service connected for TBI. That took a little over two years.

$123 a month for the permanent loss of memory and some cognitive function. Its under reveiw using the TVC's help. Due to my injury, iam restricted on using the GI bill. The VA doesnt think it's "fisable" to send me to certain types of degrees.

Unless you get it as you leave the military, your in for a longggggg fight.

SPC. Military Police, 95BH3. OIF. Served with the 89th on Hood

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    10% service connected for TBI. That took a little over two years.

$123 a month for the permanent loss of memory and some cognitive function. Its under reveiw using the TVC's help. Due to my injury, iam restricted on using the GI bill. The VA doesnt think it's "fisable" to send me to certain types of degrees.

Unless you get it as you leave the military, your in for a longggggg fight.

SPC. Military Police, 95BH3. OIF. Served with the 89th on Hood

when were you with the pukin dragon at Hood?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Been fighting them for knee and neck injuries for about three years now. It's still my first attempt. I bet I could walk into a welfare office and walk out with even more money than my injuries are worth in one day.

Gopher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Far, far, far North Dallas
    A letter to your local and state congressman will go a long way into opening doors that have been closed for you. The governmental wonk sometimes needs prompting from a higher source to move on something.

glenn61

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    Schertz, Tx
    Went for my VA physical late last year and several doctors told me that VA is getting super stingy and difficult to get anything. I'm sure the current political atmosphere has a lot to do with it also. The current administration is also going after your medical benefits. Seems the president wants to force all the vets into his healthcare plan (more expensive for us) while keeping things unchanged for union workers. Just makes me sick.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i went to get a consult to the ortho doc - to have my ankle evaluated - this is one of my service connected disabilities.....after going thru the whole "see your primary care doc first" - he sends me a consult to the podiatrist

now i'm not against that per se - even thought its not what i was asking for - but i'd at least like an explanation from the doctor as to why

getting that questioned answered has been near impossible so i canceled my podiatry appointment and said screw it....i'll stick with my tricare prime and go thru the outside......there are other things i can have headaches over

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    just jk; I don't understand why you did not follow up on the Podiatrist Referral?

Podiatrist (Doctors of Podiatric Medicine): physicians and surgeons who practice on the lower extremities, primarily on the foot, ANKLE & lower leg

Top Bottom