Votes: 12 11.4%
    • Heck, I'm drunk now....

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Rattler60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    I also quit for health reasons. 12 years ago I had a pancreatic attack after a binge and spent three and a half months in the hospital in intensive care with a 50 50 chance of survival. Fast forward 11 years and a year ago I decided ah what the heck I'll have a drink. Well I ended up back in the hospital with a pancreatic attack only spent a week and a half in there, but I did do some permanent damage to my pancreas I now know that is the last drink I'll ever have.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Captain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    I quit 7 years ago, bad liver. Don't even miss it.

sent from a Galaxy far away

TX-Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    Originally being from Wisconsin and growing up in the beer and cheese state, I do drink almost everyday. I do not get drunk, but I see nothing wrong with having a beer or two each day, or a couple fingers of whiskey with a fine cigar.

I also really enjoy this quote from the Great Man himself: "My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." -- Sir Winston Churchill

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Originally being from Wisconsin and growing up in the beer and cheese state, I do drink almost everyday. I do not get drunk, but I see nothing wrong with having a beer or two each day, or a couple fingers of whiskey with a fine cigar.

I also really enjoy this quote from the Great Man himself: "My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." -- Sir Winston Churchill

Spent some time in Wisconsin. I was shocked at how many bars there are up there. In many cases, more than one of a city block. Stopped in one to have a perch sandwich, and visited for a while. I asked the girl behind the counter what I need to see while I was there. Her reply, which would NOT have been sanctioned by the Chamber of Commerce, was "Haven't you noticed there's a bar on every corner? THere's nothing to do here. That's why everyone binge drinks..."

Totally caught off guard. I was expecting some sights to see, but nope. Come back here and I will over-serve you, is what I got.

Wisconsin really is a gorgeous state. I got on a website and found some points of interest. Drove from Green Bay all the way to the end of the "thumb" in Door County. Took in a Packers game. Had a nice time up there, and met some of the nicest people I've ever met.

For me, I don't drink that often anymore. I have a beer on many evenings when its hot. I have some Jose Cuervo Familia Reserva tequila now and then. And I try to have a glass of red wine (good for the heart) at least twice a week.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Yeah theres a lot to love about Wisconsin. A lot not to too. Anyone want to buy some land up there? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Just over six years here.

Now if I could just kick the caffeine/coffee habit that developed.

Went to the range for a quick little pistol trigger time. Quit after 20 minutes because I was all over the place due to the shakes.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just over six years here.

Now if I could just kick the caffeine/coffee habit that developed.

Went to the range for a quick little pistol trigger time. Quit after 20 minutes because I was all over the place due to the shakes.

Too much, or too little caffeine?

TX-Badger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    Spent some time in Wisconsin. I was shocked at how many bars there are up there. In many cases, more than one of a city block. Stopped in one to have a perch sandwich, and visited for a while. I asked the girl behind the counter what I need to see while I was there. Her reply, which would NOT have been sanctioned by the Chamber of Commerce, was "Haven't you noticed there's a bar on every corner? THere's nothing to do here. That's why everyone binge drinks..."

Totally caught off guard. I was expecting some sights to see, but nope. Come back here and I will over-serve you, is what I got.

Wisconsin really is a gorgeous state. I got on a website and found some points of interest. Drove from Green Bay all the way to the end of the "thumb" in Door County. Took in a Packers game. Had a nice time up there, and met some of the nicest people I've ever met.

For me, I don't drink that often anymore. I have a beer on many evenings when its hot. I have some Jose Cuervo Familia Reserva tequila now and then. And I try to have a glass of red wine (good for the heart) at least twice a week.

Door County is a gorgeous area during late summer and fall. Also, when they have the cherry harvest, great time to be there. Yeah, there are a lot of bars, but depending on where you visit there can either be plenty to do or not much at all.

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    Quit 28 yrs.,11 months and 4 days ago. I find it fun to add it up.

Though March 28 never goes by without me giving God a special Thanks for another year without drinking.
    I don't miss it in the least and wonder why I wasted so much doing it.

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    I used to drink like a fish in college. I swear there were some nights... I'm surprised I didn't die from alcohol poisoning. I don't drink at all now, just don't see any reason to. Also now that I'm an old geezer I have health conditions that alcohol makes worse.

-Mark

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Quit 28 yrs.,11 months and 4 days ago. I find it fun to add it up.

Though March 28 never goes by without me giving God a special Thanks for another year without drinking.
    I don't miss it in the least and wonder why I wasted so much doing it.
    March 28, 2010.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    After wondering if the day was ever going to come, on May 16 2016, I made 35 years clean & sober! The 35 year AA chip is in my pocket every day.

In the past, I didn't update the chips and carried the 10 year for 10 additional years. The twenty year chip was carried every day for 10 years. Since I made 30, I carry a new one every year.

I never thought it was possible to make 35 years and it appears that in my heart, I didn't deserve it. The feeling here isn't pride. It's amazement and gratitude!

Flash

Top Bottom