• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    My wife has a Jeep, although I drive it as much as she does. It's a 6-speed with the unkillable 4.0L. Lots of fun. We do actual Jeep shit with it occasionally.

View attachment 314029

She prefers to drive my Land Rover these days, which is far more capable on-road and just as capable off.
    Nothing against Jeeps, I even had and loved a 1969 CJ5 for a while. However I am VERY happy with my 2004 Land Rover Disco II. Its on-road manners are impeccable and off-road it is as capable as anything else. Took it to Hidden Falls twice this week and have taken it over most of the fun passes around Silverton/Ouray/Telluride. Its fun how surprised folks are to see what my Disco II can do.

There are a ton of aftermarket parts and mods available for Jeeps. The support for them is is impressive.

I have 2x 2004s and a 2003 Disco II...
    f6c9981daeaf6aaee26309b92976ea22.jpg
    42134e2f49838001ae6f70814a4c472f.jpg
    33e34e9c24330c16b99a9fe1bf48c980.jpg

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Well the Jeep is already in the shop had to jump it twice. I believe the aux battery is trash. Dealer claims no problems.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Well the Jeep is already in the shop had to jump it twice. I believe the aux battery is trash. Dealer claims no problems.
    That aux battery is under the main fuse panel or more easily accessible by taking out the fender liner. The ESS doesn't make any real difference in mpgs. You can make a jumper that will bypass the aux and I also have an after-market device that keeps ESS off.

Unfortunately, when the aux battery goes bad it's probably caused your primary battery to quickly accelerate towards being dead too. Many owners have the aux battery die within a year. I've have a bypass/jumper on mine for 3 years without any issue.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    My best jeep was a 71 Bronco 2nd best was 81 Toyota pic em up truck.
    Last and only jeep was a 91 YJ. After a full coil spring suspension kit from Warn it much better but by then I was over it. Haven't had a 4x4 since.

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    A friend of mine bought a Jeep last year, and immediately had problems. After many many months it was taken back under lemon law. Start documenting everything.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A friend of mine bought a Jeep last year, and immediately had problems. After many many months it was taken back under lemon law. Start documenting everything.

Had to be a JK or a JL.

The old TJ/LJ line didn't have any real major issues, other than the gas shutoff valve going to shit and spitting fuel on you when filling up the tank...

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    Had to be a JK or a JL.

The old TJ/LJ line didn't have any real major issues, other than the gas shutoff valve going to shit and spitting fuel on you when filling up the tank...
    Not sure of the letters, they don't really matter after CJ...:roflsmile:

I do know it was purchased new last year so whichever one that is...

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Old JEEP’er here, been driving them since 1950’s & owning since ‘70’s. Currently have a 2001 Wrangler Sport, 2023 Gladiator Overland, & 2020 GMC Yukon Denali 4WD. The Sport has <60K original miles, it was my b/d present in 2001.

B/F cutting her loose with it; get an experienced JEEP’er to show her what it can do. Remember, when the going gets tough, SLOW DOWN.

I despise all of the electronic controls on the newer JEEPS, but I hear that other vehicles have them, too.

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Bought a 2 door TJ 4.0 5 speed with 55k miles 10 years ago. Lifted, with good off-road tires. It was so uncomfortable, loud, and hard on gas I drove it maybe 10 times in 6 years. Sold it for more than I paid for it a couple of years ago. There's something else I never have to do again.
    <>

I learned decades back to only go one tire size up, and to use better than OEM shocks.

<>

Top Bottom