Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My only issue with current Jeeps is 95% of them are pavement princesses. They are starting to fall in to the same trap as mustangs did with spoilers and all kinds of other junk taped on to V6s.

People spending thousands on lift kits, tires, LED light bars, Salt Life stickers, name decals plastered across the hood, and then cruise up and down the interstate afraid to ever leave a paved road. Might as well be driving a Prius…

Don’t own one. Driven them in the past and lost interest when they went to V6 and 4 door. Changes that fit will with the modern use mentioned above I guess, off road capability has taken a back seat to Soccer mom preferences.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've known several jeep owners. All women.
    My wife has a Jeep, although I drive it as much as she does. It's a 6-speed with the unkillable 4.0L. Lots of fun. We do actual Jeep shit with it occasionally.

1649947613440.png

She prefers to drive my Land Rover these days, which is far more capable on-road and just as capable off.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Plenty of mall crawlers but can't the same be said for pickups?

Maybe. But most people I know with a tuck have put something in the bed at least once. Which is 100% more use than the number of times most Jeep owners I know have ever been off road in any way. Or even on road in adverse conditions that 4WD would be beneficial.

Although my experience with truck owners (and the comparison to Jeep owners) mostly comes from rural areas.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I had an 04 Unlimited but got rid of it a few years ago. We currently have a 2016 JKU RUBI. The only issue I've had with it was a couple months ago. The oil filter cooler housing cracked. They are made of plastic & can crack when the temperature outside gets cold. I wish I would have never gotten rid of my 04 Unlimited.

It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. Translation.... bad gas mileage, rough ride, lots of wind noise.... but you look cool.

FB_IMG_1464310205272.jpg
    20220414_152150.jpg

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    My wife has a Jeep, although I drive it as much as she does. It's a 6-speed with the unkillable 4.0L. Lots of fun. We do actual Jeep shit with it occasionally.

View attachment 314029

She prefers to drive my Land Rover these days, which is far more capable on-road and just as capable off.

If you ever want to get rid of it let me know.

Top Bottom