DK Firearms

And I had hoped the fudds had all been kicked out...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yep. This frucker was straight up trying to steal your property. I’m impressed by the OP’s communication abilities. Glad to see a Millennial with his vocabulary, punctuation, and shite together. Good on you, OP. If you find yourself in the Woodlands on a weekend- I’ll buy you a beer.
    OP is not a millennial. OP is a Zoomer

AndrewBuda

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    Texas
    Yep. This frucker was straight up trying to steal your property. I’m impressed by the OP’s communication abilities. Glad to see a Millennial with his vocabulary, punctuation, and shite together. Good on you, OP. If you find yourself in the Woodlands on a weekend- I’ll buy you a beer.
    I'll make it out to a range day when I'm not working 70-80 hour weeks.

OP is not a millennial. OP is a Zoomer
    Now those are words that cut straight to bone, old man.
    Yeah, the more I think about this, the more likely I think this was just an attempt to steal the gun. For one thing, as a dealer he should (and probably does) know what would constitute an illegal firearm. For another, as a dealer he has exactly zero authority to enforce the law or confiscate property. If Andrew had brought something to him that he actually knew was illegal, he'd be calling the ATF - not simply taking it and cussing Andrew out. Note that he only called in the nearby feds after Andrew raised a stink and tried to reclaim his property. He was probably hoping they'd be ignorant enough to go along with him.
    He stated pretty early in the back and forth that he had reported it to the ATF. Not that he wasn't trying to steal it - maybe figuring I'd just get spooked and leave it?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    More than likely.
    He has no authority under State or Federal Statute to sieze property. The most he can do is report it to local LE, maintain visual contact if possible, point you out and have them sieze it.
    Technically if he has possession of it when the ATF shows up and it is not properly logged in to his A&D Book with the person's info he got it from, he can't prove who he got it from, he is in unlawful possession of it assuming it is an illegal fire arm.
    Assuning it was illegal. You take it in and agree voluntarily to leave it to be worked on or sold, he logs it like any other firearm( especially if he has cameras) and immediately notifies local LE and ATF, I can see him possibly in the clear. But maybe not. Depends on if he can even have NFA items in his possession.

They were hoping to scare you off and get a free uncommon firearm. Probably pulled the same scam before and/or will again if not stopped.
    Report him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I'll make it out to a range day when I'm not working 70-80 hour weeks.

Now those are words that cut straight to bone, old man.

He stated pretty early in the back and forth that he had reported it to the ATF. Not that he wasn't trying to steal it - maybe figuring I'd just get spooked and leave it?

Andrew if your birthday is 1997 or later you're a Zoomer, Millennials are 1980(81) to 1996 :-) I know because I am one, LOL

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No, reality be damned, 1997 is the perfect year to be born, with anybody younger being a naive kid and anybody older being and out of touch old fart. /s
    Can not even begin to tell you how wrong you are. This will help your thought process though. ;)

1673965750802.jpeg

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    No, reality be damned, 1997 is the perfect year to be born, with anybody younger being a naive kid and anybody older being and out of touch old fart. /s

Ahh yes the year that marks the difference between civilized society and those who are barbaric and heathens in nature. ;-) Good thing you have a good sense of humor. You should come to our reunions its only about 2 hours from Buda.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    as I said the event staff was professional and I was surprised by how willing to see it objectively (or from my side) they were instead of siding by default with the vendor.
    Not my take on it. I think they should have demanded he return your property immediately and exit the show.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    correct me if i'm wrong but didn't REMINGTON MAKE A BOLTACTION PISTOL BASED OFF THE REMINTON MODEL 700 IN THE 2960'S?

Remington XP100
    1673989593535.png

Remington 700 CP 2019
    1673989738545.png

One time at the local gun range a guy let me shoot (well, had EVERYBODY shoot) his 30.06 pistol with a rotary lock bolt... wasn't able to find a pic of one.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    One time at the local gun range a guy let me shoot (well, had EVERYBODY shoot) his 30.06 pistol with a rotary lock bolt... wasn't able to find a pic of one.
    There have been several makers of that design. I think the Lone Eagle was probably the best. Mine is a Competitor CP-1 and it has many failings. :)

11157938_1.jpg

ETA - This picture is of a Lone Eagle customized with good sights; I got it off the web. My pistol is a CP-1 with the garbage factory sights. Just wanted to be clear about that.

Last edited:

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    As enticing as it may be to be angry with a fudd, I am more interested in the natural rights documented in the second amendment to the constitution of the States.

Both theives attempting their theft can go to Hell.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    As enticing as it may be to be angry with a fudd, I am more interested in the natural rights documented in the second amendment to the constitution of the States.

Both theives attempting their theft can go to Hell.

Dude's not a fudd, he's just a thief. I doubt if any of us believe he honestly thought the firearm was in violation of any law. He just wanted it and thought he could intimidate is way into keeping it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What round does yours shoot?
    Mine is a 7.62x39. But Competitor Arms, back when they were in business, would chamber the pistol for anything. Their standard list of chamberings was pages long and listed all sorts of oddballs and cartridges completely unsuitable for pistols.

Sometimes I used to daydream about having a CP-1 in, say, .257 Weatherby with a 10" barrel. With the right powder (there are a few formulated without any flash suppressant coating) and very light bullets, it would have produced a muzzle flash and blast potentially greater than any other rifle or pistol and maybe even have done it without punishing recoil.

It would have been the ultimate "Hey! Look at me!" gun on any crowded firing line. :)

Ultimately, I decided I don't need to beg for attention quite that badly. :)

Top Bottom