• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I'm kinda in the same boat and have done a LOT of research and driving the different truck over the past few months. Here's my take on them.

Chevy/GMC: the most plain interior and uncomfortable seats of the bunch. Stiffest ride of the 3. Proven engine and transmission. Engine has plenty of power and exhaust brake works well. Their tow mirrors with the work lights in them are very cool though.

Ford: Most powerful light truck diesel available. It will out pull any of the others. Huge cab, nice amenities, biggest bed of the bunch. Best ride of the bunch, 2nd most comfortable seats. Design is getting pretty dated. 6.7 is making a name as being the best diesel since the

Dodge (RAM): Proven engine, good transmission as long as you get the Aisin(sp) transmission, self leveling rear suspension is cool, only one available with a rear view camera in the high mounted stop light (great for hooking up a 5th wheel/gooseneck by yourself) very nice interior. 2nd most comfortable ride, most comfortable seats.

Right now for me it's between the Ford & Dodge. Chevy/GMC is a distant 3rd.

If you are going to be spending a lot of miles in your truck there is NO reason for it to be uncomfortable, period. That's just dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Sorry but Ford will not out pull the Cummins. Cummins is superior to the other two. There transmission...very weak link

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'll take the Cadillac ride of my F150 over a 15-year-old F250 any day. Those trucks only ride good with a load in the bed or on the bumper.
    Well that's the point of them :laughing:
    Why would you buy a 3/4 or 1 ton if you didn't have anything to haul? Like you say you're happier with a 1/2 ton when not hauling stuff.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Sorry but Ford will not out pull the $#@!mins. $#@!mins is superior to the other two. There transmission...very weak link

That's not been my experience. They are equal in torque but the Ford has 60 more HP. This is based off my personal experience and various videos of towing tests.

I'm talking straight off the showroom floor (so to speak).

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    international-pickup-04.jpg

Go big or go home!

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    That's not been my experience. They are equal in torque but the Ford has 60 more HP. This is based off my personal experience and various videos of towing tests.

I'm talking straight off the showroom floor (so to speak).

Cummins: 865 torque / 37,900 towing

Powerstroke: 860 torque / 32,200 towing

Cummins wins.

Rattler60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    My 7.3 doesn't get out towed by many. With an additional 140 horses from the full Banks kit. Plus the benefit of better gas mileage paid for itself many miles ago. I missed out on a cherry one in Houston last yr. I won't let the next one get by me. Just don't care for duallies as my work has me parked on the highway shoulders a lot. SRW f350s are hard to find still in top shape.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Well that's the point of them :laughing:
    Why would you buy a 3/4 or 1 ton if you didn't have anything to haul? Like you say you're happier with a 1/2 ton when not hauling stuff.

have you seen MH's truck? that thing is lifted to the sky. it ain't gonna be hauling anything neither. :p

sorry MH lol

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Cummins: 865 torque / 37,900 towing

Powerstroke: 860 torque / 32,200 towing

Cummins wins.

those numbers are dumb. either of the big three will pull 30k just fine.

ETA: those numbers you quoted are GCWR not towing capacity

Last edited:

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I'm kinda in the same boat and have done a LOT of research and driving the different truck over the past few months. Here's my take on them.

Chevy/GMC: the most plain interior and uncomfortable seats of the bunch. Stiffest ride of the 3. Proven engine and transmission. Engine has plenty of power and exhaust brake works well. Their tow mirrors with the work lights in them are very cool though.

my GMC doesn't squat like a Ford or Dodge will. the frame doesn't bend either. lolz

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Looks good on paper don't it?

Anyone who pulls that kind of weight with an 8k# truck is an idiot.

it happens a lot more than you think. hook up a triple axle toy hauler with a 5000lb Jeep in the back of it, load it all up with a weekend's worth of gear, may payload in the cab, and that dually is hauling just about 40k, if not more.

in a dually it's not the end of the world, but many of those idiots are doing it with an SRW...

Top Bottom