• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The earlier ones were 3115, then 3120, with the switch to 8620 occurring around the 600K mark. The Italians made it better, they increased capacity and adapted ti to a modern cartridge.

Eli

Nah. While the Italians made a better rifle than the M14 (not that that's hard to do) the Garand really shines in .30-06 feeding from en blocs

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I've built four Zastava M70 parts kits (flat side stamped) and the Magazines from almost all AKMs fit. Some need the rear catch 'tuned' (filed) but the plastic mags are a little wider as a rule.

The Zastava trunions and barrel/components are the main differences from AKM.

The other European AKM kits I've built are pretty much identical fitting parts.(interchange between manufacturers)

Just buy a bunch of Mags, keep the ones that fit. (if you only have one AK) and sell the rest?

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I did build a 'hybrid' Yugo/AKM from leftover parts to get my parts bin 'emptier' by combining a stamped M70 receiver assembly to the AKM populated barrel assy. Pressed/fitted barrels are BOTH 23mm at the barrel trunion so the rear sight block of the AKM fits in the wider Yugo barrel trunion.

Just took extra care to center the rear AKM sight block in the M70 barrel trunion.

Head spacing is the same.

Top Bottom