• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    An ice pick could easily be stored inside a hollowed out cane. This weapon has to be used in a very specific manner to stop the threat- impale the brain and jack the pick around like a stick shift. Just sayin'...

atacorion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    I find it funny you cant carry an asp or a taser or a knife but its perfectly legal to throw 4 or 5 D cell abtteries in a tube sock and roll through the TSA area and board a plane. I could **** up somebody with a sock full of batteries like a fruit of the loom mace. Just my thoughts.
    Hell a gun would have prevented the 9/11 hijackings just sayin.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Generally you can get knives and guns through the baggage x-ray, especially if you orient them properly. The TSA is focused on finding drugs and feeling people up, so they usually don't notice.

Swede

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Ft. Worth
    Interesting thread! I am an airline pilot out of DFW. We have FAA-mandated security courses annually, and we discuss this sort of stuff (improvised weapons) all the time. Don't underestimate the ladies running the back of the airplane... they are not hulking street thugs, but I've seen their minds switch into "evil" mode when discussing how to subdue (kill/dismember/maim/destroy) bad guys, and their ideas for weapons are imaginative. And no, they are not going to do it themselves, they are counting on good people in back to assist. And it's happened a few times since 9-11, guys like Richard Reid, the shoe bomber.

If any good citizen sees a flight attendant being physically roughed up in-flight, your assistance would be very welcomed. Don't get involved with verbal jousts, these happen all the time. But stand ready to intervene if it gets physical or life threatening.

The TSA is focused on finding drugs and feeling people up, so they usually don't notice.

I don't believe this is accurate. They may not be competent, but their primary goal with passengers is weapons, not drugs. We don't like the TSA any more than passengers. They get in your face and make small talk to see if you are drunk - not gonna play that game. They also do stupid things like taking a pilot's multi-tool or nail clippers.

Pilot: "Why are you taking those?
    TSA: "You might take control of the airplane with them!"
    Pilot: "Think for a moment about what you just said...
    :banghead::banghead:

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    If you look at the TSAs website you can take tools, including screwdrivers that are less than a certain length on the plane. I have thought about putting a decent edge on a flathead screwdriver and carrying that on. I also always ask for a belt extender even if I don't need it. You can use that to really beat the hell out of someone. Or hell, just buy one off line, I have carried on my own many times and no one says a thing about it.

My CCW instructor back in KS told us he just carries on plane old big pens. He said word for word in my class "Some raghead tries to take it down, I'm stabbing him in the side of the head". I have a benchmade tacticool pen that I have been too afraid of getting taken away to try and carry on.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    not be competent, but their primary goal with passengers is weapons, not drugs. We don't like the TSA any more than passengers. They get in your face and make small talk to see if you are drunk - not gonna play that game. They also do stupid things like taking a pilot's multi-tool or nail clippers.

I do. Their "security" protocols and training are targeted to be less effective against weapons and more against finding drugs. Look at the whole body imaging machines, for example. They're no more effective at finding guns and knives than metal detectors (significantly less if you consider hiding items in creases or folds in flesh) but they're great at finding drugs.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I plan on grabbing the nearest lib-tard and using them as a human shield while I wield my improvised device. With any luck, their rambling incoherent speech will have a stunning effect on the "perp" that gives me an opening to strike!

I hope lib-tard is hyphenated. I hate to offend.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I plan on grabbing the nearest lib-tard and using them as a human shield while I wield my improvised device. With any luck, their rambling incoherent speech will have a stunning effect on the "perp" that gives me an opening to strike!

I hope lib-tard is hyphenated. I hate to offend.

As if every non conservative would not be concerned with defending their own life? You guys kill me sometimes...

GAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Central Texas
    A number of improvised self-defense devices can be found on a plane. A sturdy magazine, a coke can, a seatbelt extender come to mind.

Other items can be brought with you. For example: a heavy padlock and a bandana, a carabiner clipped to your carry on, a couple of golf balls inside a sock.

Someone already mentioned a flashlight. The right type make excellent palm sticks.

A good pen is a must, but stay away from "tactical" pens and just carry an everyday one that can be used for defensive pursposes.

I usually carry a Dilbert Colibri pen when travelling. This pen looks very inoffensive, as it bears Dilbet's head and tie in bright enameled colors.

The barrel is metal, black and the pen measures 6 1/4" long x 3/4" wide. It makes a fine stabbing instrument, which I have stress-tested against cardboard and 1" plywood w/o any problems.

1_89866a8dd94d24c53dc4578459279db3.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom