• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    The purpose is "Just another gun" that you don't really need, but have extra cash sitting around burning a hole in your pocket.

You can do whatever you please with it. For me, it would be a beater gun, for fun and fun only. Therefore I want something rugged.

I think i'd want an RPK too.

either a lever-action .357 OR a Romanian WASR-10 AK-47. take your pick.

tx787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Austin
    It really depends on what you want it for as mentioned. I think an AK is the most fun rifle you can get for $500. The Saiga 12 isn't a rifle, if you want a shotgun I'd rather get a Remington 870, lots of versatility for under $500. Also, the tacticool 22s are great fun, the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 can give you hours of shooting for minimal ammo expense. Lever guns are sweet too, heck a $100 Mosin Nagant can be lots of fun.

janikphoto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Dallas
    You can get a yugo underfolder ak47 for $500. Those seem nice. I have a yugo rpk, which is a blast, but it is bigger and heavier than a standard AK...

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I really feel like buying another AK with wood furniture that I can just neglect and rarely clean, and beat the shit out of.

Or maybe a GSG-5 or a CETME, but i've heard CETME's stovepipe and are picky with ammo. Unfortunately some shit came up that I have to deal with before I buy any other guns lol.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    The shotgun suggestions are right on, but you sound like you really want an excuse to get another AK (go on - admit it! ).
    The 74 configuration will have less recoil at 5.45 WP, but mags and ammo for the 47 configuration (7.62 WP) will be much easier (read: "cheaper") to come by.
    Hell - there will probably still be unissued surplus 7.62x39 ammo in another hundred years!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    2 Jackash, VZ 58s are awesome rifles. I own a Cz version which is much more "original" than the century builds. I shopped patiently for extra magazines and found 4 plus a pouch shipped for $60. They are lightweight and accurate. It is a riflemans gun and is equipped for open sight use only, but can be modded to accept a side mount for an optic like a Saiga or AK. It also does almost no damage to brass when ejected, unlike AKs, SKS's and Saigas. The Century builds use an american made barrel(not chrome lined) with a threaded tip and the safety operates in the opposite direction of the original rifle. I had to modify my feedramp to eat hollow points but now it runs like a sewing machine with all ammo types. I'll put a full post out soon but I highly recommend this rifle to everyone who has ever shot and SKS or AK, you will fall in love with the 7.62x39 all over again.

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    Custom short action, small ring Mauser 98 in 7x57 cal....but hey, I already have one!!!!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cardwellfamily5%
    Top Bottom