• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Years back I was waiting in the Arcola TX Airport FBO, when an old guy came in. Now, I am 79, this guy was OLD but still very active. I immediately noticed that he had a front “fanny pack” with an obvious full-size 1911 “printing” very, very obviously, so I asked “What kind of .45 are you carrying?” His immediate response was to deny. So I said, look, we all carry, which kind of .45 is it? He replied “I don’t carry a .45!” OK, well what is that which looks just like a .45 in your fanny pack?

He looked around the room and asked if we “wanted to see it”. It was a nice Colt’s 1911 in 38 Super. Seems his best Buddy was a L.A. PD Detective back when L.A. switched from revolvers to semi’s. Friend had died and Widow had given him the gun.

Please look into a mirror to see if YOU print. I don’t care if the LEO’s know, but I don’t want BG’s to know.

leVieux
    Target Sports

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    1. Why was it even your business to "correct" his carry method? He chose it. It worked for him. And it's none of your business. Move along, citizen.....

2. I know quite a few people who carry .38 Super. They tend to compete with them, and they can hit steel at 100yds with them. Again, it works for them.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Printing 45.jpg

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Pretty sure my "CHL" of old has been superseded by my "LTC" License TO Carry. Which means I can carry where ever and how ever I choose, within the law. I don't make it obvious, but I don't go out of my way to hide it. BG better be damn sure of his ability before trying. Because I will not hesitate, or miss.

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Certainly there are times that my firearm is concealed to where one wouldn't notice (in the winter for instance or at work). I've made it pretty clear that I will open carry most times, if permitted. Although there are places where having a firearm is against the law, printing itself is not against the law. I haven't found any stats saying that criminals are more apt to commit crimes if someone is printing. I can say that in places where I was open carrying, I have observed no crimes as of yet, so maybe I was the reason for that. I don't know.

I dream of a day, where in most places, where common questions may be "What make is that firearm?" or "Nice holster, where'd you get it?".

If having to hide a firearm from a bad guy was such a big problem, why would we ever want to legalize open carry?

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    I never succumbed to any of the acronyms.

I don't ever comment to someone about their sidearm, concealed or otherwise except for an old guy at the golf course carrying 6 o'clock without holster using elastic waistband. Thought it might fall out.

Top Bottom