• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Apparently flashing lights, other than those excepted, that are clear, blue, or red, are illegal whether or not they flash in an alternate pattern. This is interesting, since I've known some cop wannabes who install flashing blue lights on their car.

Sec. 547.305. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF LIGHTS. (a) A motor vehicle lamp or illuminating device, other than a headlamp, spotlamp, auxiliary lamp, turn signal lamp, or emergency vehicle or school bus warning lamp, that projects a beam with an intensity brighter than 300 candlepower shall be directed so that no part of the high-intensity portion of the beam strikes the roadway at a distance of more than 75 feet from the vehicle.
    (b) Except as expressly authorized by law, a person may not operate or move equipment or a vehicle, other than a police vehicle, with a lamp or device that displays a red light visible from directly in front of the center of the equipment or vehicle.
    (c) A person may not operate a motor vehicle equipped with a red, white, or blue beacon, flashing, or alternating light unless the equipment is:
    (1) used as specifically authorized by this chapter; or
    (2) a running lamp, headlamp, taillamp, backup lamp, or turn signal lamp that is used as authorized by law.
    (d) A vehicle may be equipped with alternately flashing lighting equipment described by Section 547.701 or 547.702 only if the vehicle is:
    (1) a school bus;
    (2) an authorized emergency vehicle;
    (3) a church bus that has the words "church bus" printed on the front and rear of the bus so as to be clearly discernable to other vehicle operators;
    (4) a tow truck while under the direction of a law enforcement officer at the scene of an accident or while hooking up to a disabled vehicle on a roadway; or
    (5) a tow truck with a mounted light bar which has turn signals and stop lamps in addition to those required by Sections 547.322, 547.323, and 547.324, Transportation Code.
    (e) A person may not operate highway maintenance or service equipment, including snow-removal equipment, that is not equipped with lamps or that does not display lighted lamps as required by the standards and specifications adopted by the Texas Department of Transportation.
    (f) In this section "tow truck" means a motor vehicle or mechanical device that is adapted or used to tow, winch, or move a disabled vehicle.
    Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995. Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 380, Sec. 1, eff. July 1, 1999.
    Gun Zone Deals

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Apparently flashing lights, other than those excepted, that are clear, blue, or red, are illegal whether or not they flash in an alternate pattern. This is interesting, since I've known some cop wannabes who install flashing blue lights on their car.

I've stopped quite a few of those, or those with the improper steady color....cowl lighting, neon license plates in any other color than white, etc.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Cool lights and videos, thanks for posting them.

Thanks Skip.....I'll be heading out there again this coming Wednesday 07-13-11....my buddy should be out there in his crown vic with a 150 shot of nitrous...that should be interesting. I was surprised of how close to the Dodge I was. I've beat him before stock for stock, I was lifted, he was stock height. This time, he had the bully dog tuner for the +120hp setting, lol.....

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    We had some family friends over last night for dinner, and he was telling me about a new buddy he has, that has been taking him to Marion to race his camero. He said he may go with him next week to help him and would invite me. Maybe I'll see you out there.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    By all means Skip, say howdy if ya' see me! I'll be in the truck with the plates that say TAZE ME. Wednesdays are good because you can get in a fair amounts of passes. There were some nice Camaros out last night. My buddy was there in his Red 2005 Z06 running 12.2......I'm trying to get a hold of a couple rotary car buddies who run 8's and 9's....their cars are insane.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    My buddy Rob was actually supposed to go out there with his new friend last night, but came to visit us instead. The pic of his friends car looked like it was a early 80's model and looked purple in the phone pic. He was telling me how they were stumped on the shifting and things, and were only doing like 18's @ 80 something mph. Apparently his friend only paid like 2000 cash and got this cool car, he just needs to learn to race it. And a truck that say's TAZE ME shouldn't be hard to miss...lol Hope to see ya out there.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    lol...80's camaro, I'd think he'd be 16 at worse unless having fuel issues. tell him to get on the Chevy Camaro forums. I actually found my truck to run better with all the traction and driving "nannies" on and using the Auto LSD feature. Due to the humidity and lack of prep(since it wasn't a huge race night) that I was spinning the tires too much. He also would want to practice safe launching.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Chunky, you work for SAPD or Bexar SO? I used to read on camaro5.com (my dream car is the new camaro, but I might take a ZR1 if someone gave me one ;-) )

Anyways, there was a dude on camaro5 who is an Officer here in the city that has a badass 5th gen camaro. Its grey with the hockey stick strips on the sides. I think he said on there he lived over by Ingram Mall...

He has a badass car though. I actually moved here from Ohio to get into LE, but my credit was shit while being in college....Almost got it all cleaned up now though, so we'll see.

EDIT: His s/n is TAG UR IT, he actually had that as his plate on his 4th gen camaro.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I think I've seen that car around. If he lives around Ingram Rd, then he's around where I work. I work with a smaller municipality, not SAPD or BCSO. That is definitely a sick car! I know a couple officers who have some slick rides.....I'm trying to get more of them to the drag strip this coming Wednesday.

Top Bottom