• ...and so much more!
  • ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Here's a night video of my 2011 Tundra with police lights installed:

I'm working on more lights for the rear of the vehicle and the back left white strobe wasn't working. Have new replacements coming. Will get a day pic of the truck up shortly. This was shot with my Evo camera phone, I guess that's why the offroad lights look yellow even though they're extremely bright white.
    ARJ Defense ad

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Is it legal to have that light setup on a non police vehicle? I ask because in FLA I was pulled over due to having two led blue lights above my plate. First question the cop asked was if I was an officer. He then proceeded to let me know impersonating a police vehicle was not cool... (well he said it different). Again, just a question.. cause your setup looks cool

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Is it legal to have that light setup on a non police vehicle? I ask because in FLA I was pulled over due to having two led blue lights above my plate. First question the cop asked was if I was an officer. He then proceeded to let me know impersonating a police vehicle was not cool... (well he said it different). Again, just a question.. cause your setup looks cool

Yes, they're legal - so long as you're not operating them on a public roadway (unless, of course, you're an LEO or otherwise legally authorized)

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Vehicles can be equipped for "off road use." I use them for off duty police work such as traffic control and road closures. The front does make you feel like you're watching a Japanese cartoon and about to have a seizure, lol.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Since we are on the subject of lights here ...Is it legal to have the clear blinking strobes in place of the emergency flashers on a
    non LEO truck ? Like the ones used the in private construction industry. I asked this because they are much more visible than
    the OEM flashers.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Nice! That looks badass!

This guy's a cop who lives in San Antonio. As you can see, he went all out with his personal car. I'm surprised some of you coppers near SA haven't seen his car around.

LoneStarStangs 2010 Stang of the Year | Barricade - Lone Star Stangs | The Texas Mustang Club

Full replica of Barricade from transformers.

And why is there no front plate?

Slide8-1.jpg

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Since we are on the subject of lights here ...Is it legal to have the clear blinking strobes in place of the emergency flashers on a
    non LEO truck ? Like the ones used the in private construction industry. I asked this because they are much more visible than
    the OEM flashers.

No. No blue, red or clear. And no alternating flashers.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    the OEM flashers.
    As a civilian:
    You can have white and yellow lights all around.

You can have red lights facing the rear (otherwise some brake lights would be illegal).

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    As a civilian:

You can have red lights facing the rear (otherwise some brake lights would be illegal).
    Cant have white/clear other than headlights, none of them can flash (regardless of color) in an alternate pattern.

Of course this only applies to the vehicle while it is being operated on a public roadway.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    As a civilian:

Cant have white/clear other than headlights, none of them can flash (regardless of color) in an alternate pattern.

Of course this only applies to the vehicle while it is being operated on a public roadway.

Which makes hazard lights illegal, no?

I think you need to go back and read the laws.

Top Bottom