• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Each time I see the Biden Administration sending billions more to the Ukraine, I can’t help but wonder how much actually makes it to the war effort vs going into someone’s pockets. The Ukraine is no doubt one of the most corrupt countries in the world and it is almost impossible to find and real info on what happens to the money.

Currently the MSM is flooded with “ fact checks” on Zelensky’s net worth and he is painted as a leader of modest means. On his end, he has been coached to release financial information which is trustworthy as the Democrat’s data on umemployment, inflation and the nationsl debt.

Is there any believable data on the money trail in Ukraine?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Having actually been to Ukraine relatively recently, I can tell you first hand it is far from a corrupt cesspool.

I and many I know got stopped by police numerous times and no one got shaken down*.

Talking to folks there they all, to a person, praise the reforms made following the 2014 revolution of dignity.

Not sure what Zelensky's net worth has to do with corruption any more than Trumps does given they both had successful careers before politics.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    But unlike his predecessor, Zelensky never was a billionaire. He’s currently worth roughly $20 million, based on reporting by Forbes Ukraine.

They did not look under his mattress or in his freezer, however.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Is there any believable data on the money trail in Ukraine?

Most "information" I've seen quoted on the "money trail" lead back to Russian-controlled sources (scroll down to the bottom of the page for your news source, click "about", and see where that leads. Usually within one or two clicks you're on RT, Pravda or TASS) who are doing their best to paint Zelensky as some kind of profiteer from the war...that has missiles raining down around the city he lives in. What an odd strategy for wealth. But it is a good strategy for undercutting Ukraine's support in the US, as people who really don't want to agree with a war the Dems seem to support (begrudgingly) are desperate for carefully cultivated "news" stories that back their opinion.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Zelenskyy hides his money in off shore accounts, and was caught misrepresenting his wealth so there’s no telling what his true net worth is. It’s also a known fact that the money we are are sending over is being stolen.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Probably more productive would be to check the net worth of our esteemed Congress persons... Some came into their wealth through smart business acumen but others have gotten RICH through investing in the Defense Industry at opportune times and insider trading. There is a penalty for insider trading but it doesn't seem effective.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Zelenskyy hides his money in off shore accounts, and was caught misrepresenting his wealth so there’s no telling what his true net worth is. It’s also a known fact that the money we are are sending over is being stolen.
    Ah, the 'ol "lack of evidence is proof of guilt" argument...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Probably more productive would be to check the net worth of our esteemed Congress persons... Some came into their wealth through smart business acumen but others have gotten RICH through investing in the Defense Industry at opportune times and insider trading. There is a penalty for insider trading but it

Zelenskys salary and pension is being paid with US tax dollars just like the congress critters so not sure why we should ignore the money that’s leaving our country.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Zelenskys salary and pension is being paid with US tax dollars just like the congress critters so not sure why we should ignore the money that’s leaving our country.
    Absolutely should keep our own house spotless and also keep an eye on what the Congress-critters give to foreign entities. Kamal just promised Lebanon $175M because of the Israeli strike into Lebanon. Seems the Congress-critters and EXECUTIVE branch have grown fat on stealing what they can and giving the rest of our treasure (MY TAX MONEY) to useless external (well illegal aliens too) who we really should only be making rich once we have out national debt zero'd out.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Absolutely should keep our own house spotless and also keep an eye on what the Congress-critters give to foreign entities. Kamal just promised Lebanon $175M because of the Israeli strike into Lebanon. Seems the Congress-critters and EXECUTIVE branch have grown fat on stealing what they can and giving the rest of our treasure (MY TAX MONEY) to useless external (well illegal aliens too) who we really should only be making rich once we have out national debt zero'd out.
    I agree that we need to clean our own house. But that’s a more lengthy process than just stopping paying some foreign guy that we aren’t required to pay. Zelensky is here campaigning of kamala because he knows that if trump beats the dead vote then we aren’t going to pay his salary anymore. I wish it were as easy to cut off pay to the congress critters.

Top Bottom