• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    How hard would it be to swap out the under folder for a wood stock?

It would require a completely different rear trunnion to be riveted in and then you'd have this huge, ugly hole in the side of the receiver.

If anything, buy a M70B1 kit or another receiver and build a fixed stock version.

Conversion is not really an option otherwise....
    Hurley's Gold

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm reading it with a comma..

The point is
    fixed stock would be better cheek weld like the m70

Huh?

Both Andy and I said Yugos don't have chrome barrels and you "corrected" us incorrectly.

Secondly, both the underfolder and fixed stock versions of these rifles are M70s, the former is a M70AB2 and the latter a M70B1. And if you have ever shot the latter, you will know that Yugos are known to have high stocks making cheek weld more difficult than a standard AK (as stewie pointed out as well).

I have no problems getting a check weld on any of my underfolding AKs...

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    This was my issued AK in Iraq:

AK2.jpg

Never had any issue shooting naughty people with it.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Huh?

Both Andy and I said Yugos don't have chrome barrels and you "corrected" us incorrectly.

Secondly, both the underfolder and fixed stock versions of these rifles are M70s, the former is a M70AB2 and the latter a M70B1. And if you have ever shot the latter, you will know that Yugos are known to have high stocks making cheek weld more difficult than a standard AK (as stewie pointed out as well).

I have no problems getting a check weld on any of my underfolding AKs...

Yeah I know, I own all of them. I took armory classes on these. The way you phrased your sentence confused me, Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from the moon

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have the Zastava folder and the wood stock. I lay a wash cloth over the folder rails and it cushions my face. It's a great shooter! The pistol grip positions my giant right hand where the corner of the receiver bruises and bites the big knuckle of my thumb. I may replace the finger groove pistol grip so I can slide my hand down some and away from the receiver. Still considering that.

Yes, the wood stock IS much taller and thicker, too. I got that wood stock AK so I could fiddle with the side mount scope mounts so the height of the stock is really a plus. It is difficult to get a cheek weld and to use the iron sights. It CAN be done, but it's not natural or easy. The correct term would be "Scrunching Down" to use the iron sights. It's also a great shooter! Strangely, there is the usual front ring to attach a sling but NO rear sling attachment point. Go figure.

Flash

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I got one of those "pool weenies" and, as suggested, will cut a short piece off to use as a cheek cushion on the Yugo folding stock. Had to settle on blue color. No pool weenies were available in "camo".

I've only fired it at 50 yards but it and the wood stock rifle shoot much more accurately than the older AK's that I owned before. Prices are up but the quality is, too. Overall, they are well made and good values for the money.

Very rough early stats look like this and I plan to revise this after tinkering with the rifles a bit. These were fired with Wolf FMJ:

50 yard group- 2" ....4 Minutes of angle (actually fired)
    Scaling that to 100 yards @ 4 MOA= 4" group (not actually fired).
    Scaling that to 200 yards @4 MOA= 8" groups (not actually fired).

Previous groups 5-7 years ago, with older AK's 12" group at 200 yards (6 MOA) actual.

Just from tinkering with the stats, the newer rifles look like an improvement. This is all theory at this point and we'll need to get some more trigger time on the rifles to prove it.

The Yugo's are still brand new and the groups fired were not for group. They were sight in groups fired while I tweaked the front sight in. I expect some real improvement in the future.

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom