• TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    caiyugouf.jpg

I have been looking for an AK and this one for some reason I like. A few questions. Is the barrel chrome lined? Can I swap out the plastic grips for wood? Will it accept all other AK parts? Is it a decent rifle?

Thoughts?
    Texas SOT

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The wire side folding and underfolding stocks are uncomfortable as hell to shoot in 7.62x39.

Ancient Chinese Secret - pool noodle.
    Cut a short section, slit it length wise, slip it over whichever side of the stock rail your cheek rests on.
    Super easy to install/remove. Cheap. With zero mod to rifle. Toss when done.
    Plus it looks "festive"

:laughing:

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    itchin seems to have you covered.
    The only negative thing I have ever heard about these things is they have "sharp edges". I have a N-PAP M70 but with the regular wooden stock. When I first got it I was surprised how just generally "tight" it seemed to be. For example, it does a very good job of holding the magazines in, even the thinner steel ones which I've shot on older versions and even WASRs where they had a lot of wiggle. From what I can tell they are the best deal in their price range. I think or it seems parts are a little rarer than WASR parts, like stocks and other fun stuff, but easily findable. It is about as accessorizable as an AR. You might want to think about the full stock versions too. I had side folding AK before I had the one I have now. The reason I switched was I just felt that the rifle wasn't weighted and balanced without the buttock. Also, it might just be perception, but I feel that the full stock AK's handle the recoil better. AK's seem to have a kind of "cheek slapping" kind of motion in the recoil and the metal would always end up bruising my cheek after a day at the range.

There are of course a lot of people on here who know way more than I do and they will probably chime in eventually.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Is the barrel chrome lined?
    I don't believe Yugos originally had chrome-lined barrels, but it may be a new US-made barrel that is chrome-lined. Either way, just clean the damn thing.

Can I swap out the plastic grips for wood?
    Yes - Yugo furniture. Why not just get their model that comes with wood, though?

Will it accept all other AK parts?
    Most all regular AK parts other than a few Yugo-specific one, yep.

Is it a decent rifle?
    Yes, it is.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    No Yugos have chrome-lined barrels.

Technically, it's a M70AB1 in Zastava speak (not to be confused with the fixed stock M70B1). M70AB2T is a designation made up by Century.

Also note that the M70AB2T does not have the usual 1.5mm RPK receiver of the M70AB2, it's a 1mm slabsided one. The more reinforced receiver was for the grenade-launching capability (notable by the flip-up sight/gas block). It is also the reason the top cover has an additional button holding it on.

Still, great rifles and better than a PAP in my opinion.

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Also, you can swap out the handguards; but only with M70 ones. The Yugos have longer handguards, so standard AK handguards will not fit. APEX carries wooden ones.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Nothing wrong with a fixed stock, and most models I see on the shelves already have wood furniture with the fixed stock.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    No Yugos have chrome-lined barrels.

Technically, it's a M70AB1 in Zastava speak (not to be confused with the fixed stock M70B1). M70AB2T is a designation made up by Century.

Also note that the M70AB2T does not have the usual 1.5mm RPK receiver of the M70AB2, it's a 1mm slabsided one. The more reinforced receiver was for the grenade-launching capability (notable by the flip-up sight/gas block). It is also the reason the top cover has an additional button holding it on.

Still, great rifles and better than a PAP in my opinion.

Cheers! M2

Hey.. Yugos dont have chrome lined barrels,serbs never had a good supply of chrome. They never got the entire ak resources also. None of my yugo ak rifles or my yugo sks rifles have chromed barrels. Now if yalls are chromed line then they arent factory yugo barrels. Chrome lined barrel isnt necessary if your firing non corrosive ammo which is about whats out there nowadays.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    How hard would it be to swap out the under folder for a wood stock?

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Nothing wrong with a fixed stock, and most models I see on the shelves already have wood furniture with the fixed stock.

the fixed stock beats the hell out of your cheekbone. I used to have 2 of them but sold 'em off because my face kept getting black and blues. Gorgeous AK's, but not the kind I'd shoot. I find the underfolders much more comfortable...

Top Bottom