• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Received an email from Andrews Leather, Youtube pulled his "How leather holsters are made" video. According to Andrews, numerous gun related videos are being pulled by Youtube.
    Lynx Defense

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I believe this is maybe the 3rd thread concerning gun videos, although this does concern one person in particular not mentioned previously.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    They had even airgun channels pulled, like the Umarex channel. You know, the parent company of Walther Arms (which had they left up).

DHt29dN.png

It's back now and they claim it was all just a mistake. Sure.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...oderators-mistakenly-pull-right-wing-channels

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    So, I'm ditching gmail.
    What's a good mail service for a 2A guy?

Well, none. Even if you use your own mail, you will be likely using a service provider for internet that is not pro 2a as most corporations are not. You will be accessing your mail on a computer, tablet, phone, or TV that was not made by a pro 2a company either (same reason).

The USPS was a nice suggestion, but they aren't pro 2a. I would say carrier pigeon, but they aren't pro 2a, either.

You could try hand delivering your letters to people, but you better walk. Your car/truck/bike company isn't going to be pro 2a. Then again, neither will be the company that makes your pens, pencils or papers. Maybe you should stick to face to face?

One way or another, you are going to be going through 2a unfriendly technology to do email.

x12aesq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    On US 77 kind of north of I-10
    Set up your own mail server. Then you have an email address like vaquero@2a.com

Like the man said. I use appriver.com, costs me a bit less than $600/year, but I have my own domain, they host the server for me, I very seldom get spam and never get malware (they have an active scanning program.)

You could set up your own for quite a bit less money, but if you spend an hour a month doing maintenance, you've eaten up any apparent saving.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    So, how many accounts can I have at 600 per year?
    I'm pretty dang interested.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So, how many accounts can I have at 600 per year?
    I'm pretty dang interested.

Depending on what you want appriver to do, you can get just an email server for ~$5/mo per address. There are some email size limits, I think 100MB per message last time I checked.

Really, for $600 you have a lot of options out there depending on what you want to do. I’ve got a synology diskstation 4TB NAS at home for that money. All my stuff backs up to it, all my photos store there, it does email serving and a bunch of other stuff, too.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/know...o_set_up_MailPlus_Server_on_your_Synology_NAS

The software is free and does a lot of the work for you. 5 addresses free forever. Additional addresses are licensed. I haven’t needed more than five, so have never looked into that.

My solution does require me to have a domain name, but that’s pretty cheap in the long run.

I get email delivered to all the traditional places.

Food for thought. That’s all.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Depending on what you want appriver to do, you can get just an email server for ~$5/mo per address. There are some email size limits, I think 100MB per message last time I checked.

Really, for $600 you have a lot of options out there depending on what you want to do. I’ve got a synology diskstation 4TB NAS at home for that money. All my stuff backs up to it, all my photos store there, it does email serving and a bunch of other stuff, too.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/know...o_set_up_MailPlus_Server_on_your_Synology_NAS

The software is free and does a lot of the work for you. 5 addresses free forever. Additional addresses are licensed. I haven’t needed more than five, so have never looked into that.

My solution does require me to have a domain name, but that’s pretty cheap in the long run.

I get email delivered to all the traditional places.

Food for thought. That’s all.
    Thank you

Top Bottom