Hurley's Gold

Your road rage stories? How do you handle it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    The only time I've ever been in trouble as a paramedic was a drive-cam issue.

I was riding in the passenger seat and it was one of those days where everyone was pissing us off - pulling out in front of us on two lane roads then realizing we were there and hitting the brakes, or stopping side-by-side on opposite sides of the road trying to let us pass but blocking us.

Someone did the pull-out-and-stop thing and I'd simply had enough. My partner braked hard enough to trip the drive cam. I let loose with a verbal tirade to end the ages.

I would have been okay except the drive cam (which records audio) also happened to catch me hitting the power window button.

The only thing that saved me was that the tirade didn't include any racial, ethnic or gender slurs. The conversation was "next time don't roll the window down" and that was that.

I was in the wrong, for sure, which is usually the case when I say something that makes me feel better, emotionally. :)

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Two things. I honked at a man who went to sleep at a stop sign in front of me, then 1 redlight later, we wound up beside each other in multilane traffic & he shot me the bird. The police car behind him lit him up (because of the bird - I assume) and I went on down the road.
    The 2nd thing. Back in the early 70s I knew a pair of state troopers who'd shoot the bird to any hippie van they met with the justification "if they complain, who's going to believe a hippie?"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    thats-one-way-to-stop-road-rage-.gif

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I cruised through the whole thread and noted something that was left unsaid. If you find yourself in a road rage situation, don't drive faster. Slow down and if necessary, pull over. Nothing will be gained by turning a road rage incident into a high speed road rage incident! If you have your cell phone, call the law.

Flash

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I cruised through the whole thread and noted something that was left unsaid. If you find yourself in a road rage situation, don't drive faster. Slow down and if necessary, pull over. Nothing will be gained by turning a road rage incident into a high speed road rage incident! If you have your cell phone, call the law.

Flash

I so agree.
    Sometimes common sense ain't so common?

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Mexican Hippie should stop yammering and post pics of his new blackpowder cap&ball snubbie.
    I'd like to hear more about that.

Somebody on one of these gun boards posted a pic of his beautiful Ruger polished stainless
    Old Army 5.5", which was the nicest looking C&B I ever seen. But haven't seen a "snubbie", unless you're referring to a 1849 Wells Fargo.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    My wife gets road rage even as a passenger. Once, many years ago, she honked the horn and gave the finger to a car load of what looked like gang bangers that slightly cut us off. I was driving! Luckily nothing became of it and we had a little talk about honking the horn for someone else.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Top Bottom