Texas SOT

Your Opinions On Hogue Rubber Finger Groove Grips???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    When I had my Sig Sauer P220 I changed the grips out to Hogue Rubber Finger Groove Wrap Arounds. IMO it made the gun feel much better in my hands and lessened the recoil. I know you 1911 guys like the traditional grips, but I went ahead and changed them on my Para 1911 too. What do you guys think?

IMG_1811.gif

IMG_1809.gif
    Venture Surplus ad

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    I think it gives the gun a nice feel. IMHO I felt it helped with recoil because the fingers have something to "bite" into. But, I took them off because my gun has checkering in that area. So for me it was a waste to spend the money on buying a gun with checkering there and then to put those grips on. I liked the grips don't get me wrong. I just preferred the gun with out.

Plus it does make your gun nicer looking than the dooky looking factory plastic panels

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Heys its your gun, do what works for you. I like the natural look of a 1911 without finger groove grips, but I have the hogue finger grrove insert under my Kimber grips too because I think it gives me a better feel and control and to be honest they don't look bad with the finger grooves

P1010018.jpg

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I don't use them as they normally made the grip bigger than was comfortable for my hands. But if they work for you, use them.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    How dare you deface that gun!!!

5-0, you know I am not a fan of the way they feel, as they seem to force my fingers into an unnatural position, but I gotta admit that they look pretty good on the P14.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I used them on all my magnums and the slip on version on my S&W 9mm
    Never had a problem with them and yes they do beef up the grips some.

Scott_F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    I put the regular hogue (no finger spacer things) on my 220 and the finger spaced version on my 226. I prefer the flat front strap Hogue as my hand just doesn't fit those finger cut outs exactly. I still can shoot it well and it doesn't truly bother me, but I prefer the flat ones that I put on the 220.

I think for certain pistols, they are a real upgrade. On a carry piece, I can see it potentially interfering with the draw perhaps, maybe make you print more?. That rubber is rather tacky and when I conceal my 220, I notice my shirt material seems to sort of stick to it a bit.

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    The Hogue grips do look good. Years ago I put (and still have on) Pachmeyer combat grips on my 1911. They pretty much look like the Hogue grips without the finger grooves. I've handled a 1911 with the Hogue grips but never fired one. It does feel good and I think it would be great on the range. However, on a combat piece I prefer not to have the finger grooves. I agree with Scott F on his reasons plus I feel like I have more grip options without the grooves.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I had them on my Springfeild V10 Ultra Compact. I think on that weapon the grip made the difference. It did feel really good and made me feel like I had total control over that little 45. I have never put them on anything else though.

Gutshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Justin, Texas
    I have them on my Kel Tec PF-9 and P3AT. Helps when you shoot more than a clip or two through them especially the P3AT. It is only a .380, but felt recoil is worse than the PF-9 9mm. Mine have the finger grooves but then again I have small hands. They fit perfectly. I have a S&W model 60 in .38 special that came with wooden grips and hurt every time anyone shot it. Put on a pair of Uncle Mikes rubber grips and it made a world of a difference. I pocket carry and the texture of the Hogue grips make it difficult to draw quickly. With practice it makes it easier.

Gutshot

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom