Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I agree with many here. Anyone truly qualified won't want the job because of the city government. The Council and Mayor are trying very hard to out California in every way. It wasn't like this when I first visited Austin in '87.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    The fact that the current Interim Chief did not apply should tell them something.
    Hm, that is interesting. I did meet her and some of her senior staff a couple weeks ago. I think she feels like she'd done her time and ready to retire. Austin does seem to be a complex policing environment, with need for law and order, but a lot of loud-mouth citizens (well, residents) that are anti-police (until they need one, of course).
    Having watched a couple of hours of Texas Street Fights on YT... Austin police have a lot of BS on their hands, plus the homeless.

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    It's definitely not the Austin that we started visiting in the same time frame. Which is too bad because that was a beautiful little city.

I agree with many here. Anyone truly qualified won't want the job because of the city government. The Council and Mayor are trying very hard to out California in every way. It wasn't like this when I first visited Austin in '87.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The Memphis City Police Chief was given a pay cut of over $30,000 by the city clowncil. She may want to seek other opportunities.

Top Bottom