• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    since this thread is about sammichs, I'll just add that Jimmy Johns is the suckiest sammich shop EVAR.
    just nasty plain tough bread and cold cuts... who likes that crap?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    since this thread is about sammichs, I'll just add that Jimmy Johns is the suckiest sammich shop EVAR.

I dunno Bud. Subway is the Suck x 10. Yeeesh.....

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    If I could bring the discussion back to the East for just a bit...I saw a few people mention gyro/shawarma. In SA, for shawarma I would go to Pasha. For gyro, and the best of everything Greek, it has to be Mina & Dimi's.

The most memorable sammich I have had lately was about two years ago in Salt Lake City. A Belgiun place called Bruges with the Machine Gun Sandwich....lordy that was good.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX

Agreed. They may be the fastest sub makers around but they trade quality for the true title of "fast food" chain. My favorite sub chain is Firehouse. Expensive as allgetout but worth every penny.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I love the Meatball Marinara sandwich at Subway. It is one messy sandwich, though. You don't eat that thing, you bathe in it.

Flash

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Two choices:

Coming from mom's kitchen, a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. Bread wheat, bacon crispy, egg over-medium, cheese not put on the sandwich until the egg and bacon are put on the bread.

Coming from my kitchen, a ham and cheese sandwich with trimmings. Bread was from a local bakery, they called it California Black Bread. Smoked Virginia ham, muenster cheese, bread and butter pickle slices, dijon mustard.

Damn, I'm hungry.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I like Jimmy Johns as far as chain shops go.

Do tortas count? Tios in north Bryan is really good, better with a dos x.

Best rueben in CC, Tx is at Bibeaus on Baldwin. Best Reuben in Bryan/cs is at My Favorite Sandwich Shoppe
    Is My Favorite still open/good?

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    I spent the last month at our cabin in NC and had a chicken sandwich at a local restaurant in Blowing Rock, but it wasn't just any chicken sandwich. Spicy blackened grilled chicken breast with a layer of their in-house 3 cheese pimento cheese and local cured thick sliced smoked bacon. Then lettuce and tomato all on an artisan roll. All ingredients from the chicken to the roll are locally sourced. Pimento cheese and blackened chicken sounded odd, and I probably haven't eaten pimento cheese in years, so I tried it. Oh my!

My go to place here is still Kenny & Ziggy's whenever I'm in Houston.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Kenny's and Ziggys is the goto Place for a good Pastrami and corned beef Sandwich. Locally in Katy I like Jerseys Mike's #13 .

Plus I think they opened up a bennigans on I10 nrear fry Road havent been there yet but I would love a Monte Cristo.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you ever make it to Kerrville, "Grape Juice's" 'Honey Badger' is worth the trip!

http://www.grapejuiceonline.com/
    OK, if I'm reading the menu right, that's a mac 'n cheese consisting of pasta, smoked gouda, tomatoes, onions, ham, cabrito chili, and Frito's. Right?

I hate mac 'n cheese and that sounds like an abomination. I may have to try it just so I can say I did. :)

ETA: Their "Boom Boom Burger" sure sounds good, though.

Top Bottom