• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Educating your children is about the only way to do it because lets get real.. alcohol is not going anywhere anytime soon... and alcohol is one of the largest killers in this country statistically speaking.

Alcohol is also the most widely abused drug in our country. It is an epidemic.
    Capitol Armory ad

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    i don't drink anyways,beers tastes like shit for the most part and so does liquor
    You need to try some good beer.
    I've one or two beers now and then while eating out. It has no more of an effect on my judgement that the meds the shrink gives me.
    cheers.gif

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I am 25 years old.. And I can tell you I have put off my CHL since 21 because of my drinking habits. Its not an issue of having the weapon and hurting myself of someone else b/c of bad judgment after I have had 2 beers in 1 hour at a restaurant with a meal...

Its an issue of getting in serious trouble and loosing my rights b/c ive had 2 beers at dinner and then happen to have my pistol on my person, in my car.. WHATEVER the situation might be and getting stopped for something minor. It would be an unlucky thing to get nailed on but I decided not to risk it. Now for instance this is a concept my father (69) does not understand however because when he was my age he was studying his ass off from undergrad through grad school hoping not to get shipped to Vietnam. However it feels like my generation(peer group) can't do anything without consuming alcohol.

Ive had a gun at my bedside since I was 18, stayed away from dangerous areas, and I will "transport" my gun too and from ranges or private property in the "appropriate" manner since I have chosen to delay my CHL..

I was told that being caught carrying and having ANY traceable amount of alcohol would not only revoke your chl but land you in jail? Is this incorrect?

All this being said I am taking the class this Sunday.

A side note.. I saw someone post that they were 240lbs and 1 beer does nothing to them. Well I am 6' 200 lbs on the dot... I can't explain it but one day I can have 1 drink (beer/mixed beverage) and I feel nothing... another day I can have the same thing and get a "buzz" It is very strange. Days where one drink gets me going.. I know that a few more is out of the question..

Don't use mouthwash with alcohol in it if you're that worried about your CHL. I've fired guys with CDL's (federal law) because they used the wrong mouthwash.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Blood tests are a lot more accurate, . . . . but I don't think I want cops pulling blood from people, but I'd want the right to demand it. EtOH elimination from the body is actually pretty interseting compared with most other drugs. (Ok, interesting if your a med student, like me).

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yeah if you saw the Mythbusters episode trying to beat DWI tests and alcohol based mouthwashes exponentially increased the BAC reading...

In simple terms, the breath test reads the alcohol in your breath. Mouthwash has a lot of alcohol, so of you blow IMMEDIATELY after taking mouthwash your reading will be artificially high. That is why you are observed 15 minutes before taking a intoxilizer test. That gives time for the alcohol to evaporate and eliminate from your mouth and give an accurate reading. You cannot burp or put anything on your mouth during the observation period. Doing so resets the clock, and doing so repeatedely can result in a refusal for you.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Blood tests are a lot more accurate, . . . . but I don't think I want cops pulling blood from people, but I'd want the right to demand it. EtOH elimination from the body is actually pretty interseting compared with most other drugs. (Ok, interesting if your a med student, like me).

For purposes of court, the differences are negligible.

Top Bottom