• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    It is important to not talk to the LEO’s. Any experienced lawyer will tell you not to talk until you have the guidance of a good attorney. It’s amazing how easy it is to innocently say the wrong thing that can later be construed as contextually different by an opposing attorney.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    You are out, you are accosted, and defend yourself. They are down and you have called 911 - what next?

Secure their weapon and wait?
    Secure their weapon and do first aid?
    Secure their weapon, search them, and then do first aid - you know, start the Five Esses?
    Sit down and finish my veal, it's the best in the city.

1661451117361.png

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It is important to not talk to the LEO’s. Any experienced lawyer will tell you not to talk until you have the guidance of a good attorney. It’s amazing how easy it is to innocently say the wrong thing that can later be construed as contextually different by an opposing attorney.
    Hahahahaha

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The real risk there is if you render aid and you're not a professional, the aggressor or his relatives can come after you with civil lawsuits if he dirtnaps or has any lifelong injuries because of your "incompetence". And that's in addition to them coming after you because you had to defend yourself against the innocent young man who was trying to get his life together.
    Most states have good samaritan laws that preclude such lawsuits.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    You are out, you are accosted, and defend yourself. They are down and you have called 911 - what next?

Secure their weapon and wait?
    Secure their weapon and do first aid?
    Secure their weapon, search them, and then do first aid - you know, start the Five Esses?
    I haven't read the whole thread so if my answers have been shared, sorry.

As a civilian, the first thing to acknowledge is we don't have authority police do. Because of this we don't need to be causing issues. Calm or not, a 911 is made to simply state you had to defend yourself. Now remember when officers show up, be polite but I would keep information basic and the most needed information is "I wanted him to stop". If you decide to say anything without an attorney "I wanted him to stop" or "he was going to kill me" and "I need a moment please".

But if the threat is done and dead, re holster your weapon and comply with any commands given once police arrive.

My own choice would be do not touch the bad guy or his weapon. You just changed a crime scene. While waiting for police, that would be a good time to record with your phone. Note, before anyone gets defensive: It's a crime scene. It might not be one because of YOU but it is one because of the bad guy and I aint putting my paws on his weapon. No first aid if he aint dead. I'm not certified to apply medical attention and I'm not obligated to save someone who tried to kill me.

My responsibility is to make wise choices when it's ok to draw and my shots don't put the public in harm.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom