DK Firearms

You have 350 for a CCW. What are you going to get?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Seeking your advice on what you would probably get if you had $350 to spend on a new CCW(non-full size).

I know its up to the user but I want to see what you recommend.

Thanks guys.

Im somewhat hesitant on the idea of ever buying used so should I stay New. Good idea?

EDIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT::::::: Page 5. I have now changed it to 450-500<-------------------
    ARJ Defense ad

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    I have been wondering about used for a few months. I never have gone used however Its not out of the question and thats why im seeking my buds on TGT's advice. I could probably get a lot better firearm. I will have to ponder over it. Im buying this friday!!!

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    You can get a lot better $350 used gun (Glock police trade-in) than getting a new lesser quality, possibly smaller caliber gun. In answer to your question, disregarding your "non-full size" requirement, It would be either a Glock trade-in or a used 1911 RIA.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    If all I had was $350 I would buy a used revolver.

Although I agree with TXI on the used revolver, there are some new choices in your price range. One that comes to mind is a Taurus 709 Slim. I will probably get flamed for suggesting a Taurus but I personally own one and use off and on a CCW when the weather get extremely hot as it is right now. I shot hundreds and hundreds of round through it at the range trying out different brands of self defense ammo and NEVER experienced a single failure. Do I have other brands of firearms....yes....many, many others. But none that meets your price range criteria.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Although I agree with TXI on the used revolver, there are some new choices in your price range. One that comes to mind is a Taurus 709 Slim. I will probably get flamed for suggesting a Taurus but I personally own one and use off and on a CCW when the weather get extremely hot as it is right now. I shot hundreds and hundreds of round through it at the range trying out different brands of self defense ammo and NEVER experienced a single failure. Do I have other brands of firearms....yes....many, many others. But none that meets your price range criteria.

People give me shit about it but I carry the pt740, the .40 version of that model. Despite all the criticism I've never had a single issue with it after nearly 1000 rounds through it. I also have a glock 19 that would be a good carry weapon but still usually stick with my Taurus.

That being said, don't settle. If you find a gun you're satisfied with at a lower price then that's great but.sometimes its worth saving up a little more money.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    for $350 you can get a used Glock or XD. i would look for a XD9 subcompact. i don't think anybody here would hesitate to trust their life to either a Glock or XD. it just depends which you prefer.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Add $40 to your $350 and get a new XD40 or XD9 Subcompact at a gun show. I just bought a brand new one at the last Tyler gun show.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    If you are looking at semi auto pistols, it makes sense to buy a good used one. Let someone else break it in for you. A revolver is a good idea, if you can find one that is not sloppy. It seems a revolver tends to lose it's tolerances faster than semis do. I recently took a S&W Model 680 in trade. It looked fine to me, but a gunsmith friend of mine looked at after I had traded for it, and he said it was fairly sloppy. Not bad enough to be a danger to me, but not as accurate as it was when it was newer. I have a Springfield stainless "Loaded" 1911 that has had over 18,000 rounds fired through it and it is still tight and accurate. It would cost around $950 today, so it is not in your price range. A used Glock would be a good choice. The Glock is hard to wear out or tear up. If I had only one choice in firearms to save my "donkey", it would be a 9mm Glock Model 19. I own several quality 1911s, but the Glock would be my first choice. That's my choice and I am sticking to it.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Thanks guys. Is there a difference when you say police trade in glock compared to a used glock from a individual. Im amature in that area.

Creatism

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Arlington
    I'll second or third a used semi, police trade in glock absolutely comes to mind. I've seen xd sub compacts new for 320-400, seems like since the m's came out the price just dropped in those.

Top Bottom