• TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Hey guys,

I've been invited to go dove hunting on a friends ranch south of Fort Stockton on Thursday and didn't have a shotgun out here with me so I picked this one up from Academy in Odessa this afternoon.

It's a Yildiz 20 gauge over under.

I paid 399.00 plus tax. It seemed like a decent gun for the price. I already have all of the shotguns any man could need back home but didn't have any with me for this hunt.

It's light weight, seems well built and has some nice looking engraving work. I picked up the 20 gauge because I really don't need another shotgun and figured I'd give it to my wife after I get back from the dove hunt out here.

Anyone else own a Yildiz? What is your opinion of them?

yildiz 1.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I had to LOL at the introduction in the owner's manual:

​Yildiz Silah Sanayi, produces quality with the image of "reliable trademark" Also, it is one of today's and future's leading establishments of Arms Industry. It serves everybody who like hunting, the nature, the crafts and sports with its large production range, by use of the ultimate possibilities of labor and technology.
    It has an understanding of giving priority to the principle of total quality and standardization of parts in production, to provide the best services, warranties and price stability in marketing with the highest comprehension of responsibility.
    Yildiz Silah Sanayi is proud to integrate into the Turkish Defense Industry as well.
    Congratulations! You have one of our high quality guns.

​
    Academy imports these and it's the only brand of gun that they allow returns directly to the store. For any reason and at any time. I'm taking it to the Midland Shooters skeet range tomorrow evening. I'll post up my thoughts on it after personally seeing it in action.

EDIT: I do have to say that it didn't come with any bullshit trigger locks and the first ten pages of the manual were not dedicated to all of the bullshit lawsuit language (read kindergarten safety notices).

Elmerfudge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Joshua, Texas
    As weekend range officer (hand traps) at Alpine, I've seen quite a few of these lately. Price, price, price.

The only thing I notice was they were all very hard to break open the action. Really stiff. As all were very new, I don't know how quickly they loosened up, if ever.

An inexpensive means to get into an O/U shotgun.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    As weekend range officer (hand traps) at Alpine, I've seen quite a few of these lately. Price, price, price.

The only thing I notice was they were all very hard to break open the action. Really stiff. As all were very new, I don't know how quickly they loosened up, if ever.

It is very stiff. Nothing like my Brownings.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Did you shoot it yet? I have heard good things about them.

I did get to. I put 200 shells through it on the skeet range on Wednesday. Busted a bunch of clays and didn't experience a single failure. Yesterday I limited out on dove with it, again no failures at all.

It's a very nice shooter. Feels great, looks great and functions great. Over all I am very pleased with it. Now its my wife's turn to be pleased with it.

I may just pick up another one in 12 gauge to leave out in west Texas. That way I'd have a nice shotgun out there for the times that I get to play but I won't be leaving a $1,300 + gun out there.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

They loosen up very nicely after 100 or so shells.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    My gramps bought the 20 ga and after him passing my dad has it now. Ive used it several times while dove hunting. Not a single issue. The safety can be switched left to right to change which barrel goes off first.

Top Bottom