Gun Zone Deals

Yet Another Explanation to the Oblivious.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Do some people just live on an island............? Ran into another one. Conversation went like something like this:

Him/her.......Are you carrying a (gasp!) gun?
    Me....... Yes.
    Him/her.......Isn’t that ahh…… illegal?
    Me.......No
    Him/her.......Why do you need a gun?
    Me.......To protect my family or myself from harm if necessary.
    Him/her.......Why not just call the police?
    Me.......Harm usually comes quick and the police are usually not right there when it comes (by design of the bad guy).
    Him/her.......Why not just show him your gun to scare him or at most, shoot him in the leg, etc?
    Me.......He might try to take it away from me and use it on me and it is also illegal to “brandish” a pistol. I would shoot “center mass” to stop him from harming my family or me.
    Him/her.......What if he dies?
    Me.......He would probably be involved in some funeral services.
    Him/her.......How would you feel?
    Me.......I’m sure I would be upset and wished he had not forced that outcome.
    Him/her.......I just don’t understand why you would need to kill him.
    Me.......You probably never will unless you are in harms way.

Beyond that I just play it by ear. I've found getting sarcastic doesn't help (sometimes they don't even recognize sarcasm). I may have left minor details out but that's usually the way it goes when the subject comes up with the "uninformed". Generally nice people .............without a clue! Sigh...
    DK Firearms

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Yep.....you have encountered yet another sheep that is unaware of their surroundings. Aimlessly wandering thru life and their most important decision in life is, most likely, "do these shoes match my outfit?"

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    See my sig. I try and focus on the fact that I don't really want to use my gun against another in any type of circumstances it just gives me more options if I do need it.

I also relay to the person that my intent is to stop an action of someone trying to kill me.

I don't want to kill someone but they will have forced me to take, possibly lethal action, because they wanted to cause to me possibly lethal harm first as the aggressor.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Having worked for the public school system most of my life, I have encountered way too many of these sheep (especially being in small town Texas!). You'd just think they would have been around long enough..............oh well.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    am in portland OR currently and cannot carry. Trust me when I say this, CANT WAIT TO GET BACK TO TEXAS. Seeing the most weird people all together in one place is not funny at all.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Do some people just live on an island............? Ran into another one. Conversation went like something like this:

Me....... Yes.
    Him/her.......Isn’t that ahh…… illegal?
    Me.......No
    Him/her.......Why do you need a gun?
    Me.......To protect my family or myself from harm if necessary.
    Him/her.......Why not just call the police?
    Me.......Harm usually comes quick and the police are usually not right there when it comes (by design of the bad guy).
    Him/her.......Why not just show him your gun to scare him or at most, shoot him in the leg, etc?
    Me.......He might try to take it away from me and use it on me and it is also illegal to “brandish” a pistol. I would shoot “center mass” to stop him from harming my family or me.
    Him/her.......How would you feel?
    Me.......I’m sure I would be upset and wished he had not forced that outcome.
    Him/her.......I just don’t understand why you would need to kill him.
    Me.......You probably never will unless you are in harms way.

Beyond that I just play it by ear. I've found getting sarcastic doesn't help (sometimes they don't even recognize sarcasm). I may have left minor details out but that's usually the way it goes when the subject comes up with the "uninformed". Generally nice people .............without a clue! Sigh...

with me it goes

Me....... Nope.

hehehe

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I've never understood how people can either go through life completely unscathed (even taking every precaution), or having been the victim of some crime still learn nothing from it. Hell, at least learn fromt he mistakes of others around you. Cops has been on TV for how long now? The nightly news? Newspapers?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    O-M-G Charlie! It's hard enough to read, text n drive but when I'm laughin so Mo Fo hard I can't see I have to pull over.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I've never understood how people can either go through life completely unscathed (even taking every precaution), or having been the victim of some crime still learn nothing from it. Hell, at least learn fromt he mistakes of others around you. Cops has been on TV for how long now? The nightly news? Newspapers?

Thats ALL the frigging news reports now-a-days isnt it?? Why WOULDN'T you want to get something to protect yourself with? People are just weak these days. It goes along with my "The pussification of America" concept

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thats ALL the frigging news reports now-a-days isnt it?? Why WOULDN'T you want to get something to protect yourself with? People are just weak these days. It goes along with my "The pussification of America" concept

This, seems like their was a time when American had the balls to protect themselves and stand up to bullies, criminals, etc.

Hell, the schools call the cops if a kid stands up to a bully, AND THE FREAKIN KID GETS IN TROUBLE FOR DEFENDING HIMSELF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Just to make them feel better, I think that you should promise not to intervene if the attacker goes after the other party. That should make them feel much better.

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    Since I work for British Petroleum, I encounter the guns-skittish quite often. This week I had one of them that was foolish enough to fall right into the line I'd been hoping for.

Margaret: "and what would you feel if you did shoot someone!?"
    me, straight-faced (but on the inside filled with glee): "Recoil."

I like playing to the whole "Texans are just wild cowboy savages" stereotype they come here with. Makes my damn day every single time.

Top Bottom