• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Yesterday was a great day. I got to go shooting with my dad. I got my Bravo company middy all sighted in and deer ready. It shot the 55 grain FMJ-BT surplus well (I loaded them up myself : ) ) I'm not a good rifle shot, but I could keep them in less than an inch at 50 yards. No failures. I'm looking forward to getting some 70ish grain deer slayers. . . after I buy some more powder. The nikon Buckmaster scope on there is nicer than I've ever had before. When I start making money, I'll get some much nicer glass, but this works great for now.

Got to shoot my dad's rifle for the first time. A winchester model 70 featherweight in .243. Great rifle. Probably my idea of an ideal hunting rifle in Texas. Its light, got a great trigger. I don't know if they had some work done on it (my dad bought it used his first time to shoot it too.) If it were mine, I'd change the scope out (an old 4x redfield, it works, just I'd like something better).

The day was absolutely beautiful. It was my first day off in a couple of weeks.

My Pokes beat them Longhorns. There was beer, chimichangas, good salsa, good company.

A great day. Can't wait to do it again.
    Lynx Defense

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Yesterday was a great day. I got to go shooting with my dad. I got my Bravo company middy all sighted in and deer ready. It shot the 55 grain FMJ-BT surplus well (I loaded them up myself : ) ) I'm not a good rifle shot, but I could keep them in less than an inch at 50 yards. No failures. I'm looking forward to getting some 70ish grain deer slayers. . . after I buy some more powder. The nikon Buckmaster scope on there is nicer than I've ever had before. When I start making money, I'll get some much nicer glass, but this works great for now.

Got to shoot my dad's rifle for the first time. A winchester model 70 featherweight in .243. Great rifle. Probably my idea of an ideal hunting rifle in Texas. Its light, got a great trigger. I don't know if they had some work done on it (my dad bought it used his first time to shoot it too.) If it were mine, I'd change the scope out (an old 4x redfield, it works, just I'd like something better).

The day was absolutely beautiful. It was my first day off in a couple of weeks.

My Pokes beat them Longhorns. There was beer, chimichangas, good salsa, good company.

A great day. Can't wait to do it again.

Sounds like a day you'll remember.

mmmm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    west columbia
    Bet your Dad had a great day,also. Enjoy his company every chance you get.One day all you will have are the memories and they are sweet.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Good to hear.. Yesterday I went back to the range to shoot with family. I took a AR15 for people to shoot and ended up with the dumb look!
    My bag has pockets for 6 magazines, " doesnt last long in a AR". And I also took a full ammo box of SS109. After all the magazines were empty, I realized my SS109 was still at the shop because I messed up and got a ammo can full of .22 ammo! Thats when I got the dumb look on my face!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Good to hear.. Yesterday I went back to the range to shoot with family. I took a AR15 for people to shoot and ended up with the dumb look!
    My bag has pockets for 6 magazines, " doesnt last long in a AR". And I also took a full ammo box of SS109. After all the magazines were empty, I realized my SS109 was still at the shop because I messed up and got a ammo can full of .22 ammo! Thats when I got the dumb look on my face!
    oops need a moment

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Both of my parents have been gone for a long time. Mom passed in 1977 and Dad in 1992. Life wasn't great growing up with them but I always hoped a day like that could have been shared between us. It never happened. I'm glad that worked for you. Treasure the memory.

Flash

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    My father and I are not very close but my sons and I go shooting when money
    and time premit ( we have more time then money ) and we have great time together.
    I enjoy those times very much and I know they do too.

Top Bottom