• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    as if I didn't have enough dings and dents in my truck already! Thank God I have full coverage...
    Capitol Armory ad

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Get your ainsurance check for the damage, then wait for a hot day, park it in the sun for about an hour and run dry ice over all the hail divits....sounds like bubble wrap popping when they all pop right out....just saying.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    I have heard you can do stuff like that. My brother had something similar done to his mini copper.
    I fit does need body work its a good time to fix the rest of the dings.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Get your ainsurance check for the damage, then wait for a hot day, park it in the sun for about an hour and run dry ice over all the hail divits....sounds like bubble wrap popping when they all pop right out....just saying.

Works... after living in North Dakota for most of my life, I have seen some MAJOR hail damage to some of my cars. This does the trick on most of them.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    After I was divorced in 1975, I had a motorcycle and a 1957 Ford Pickup. A hailstorm hit Tulsa and for blocks, every vehicle looked like someone had taken a hammer to them- except for my old Ford. There was not one scratch in that old tank!

Flash

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I remember as a kid my Dad erected a cage made out of chickenwire to cover his 30' x 30' garden in the backyard. He finally got pissed off at the hail in spring chewing his new corn to shreds. Never had a problem after that, but the family cars did suffer.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Dry ice is so cold that it causes skin burns exactly like those caused by heat. I was certified to handle Liquid Oxygen (LOX) when I worked at McDonnell Douglas Aircraft and you REALLY need to be safety conscious when when working with Cryogenic (ultra cold) substances. That goes double for use of eye protection. The stuff will really hurt you!

Off topic but interesting.....Working with LOX, concentrated O2 vapors would collect in your clothing and you were not permitted to smoke for 30 minutes following a LOX job. Lighting a cigarette would cause you to burst into flame with the O2 in your clothes! That HAD to hurt!

Flash

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    But remember, dry ice is cold use gloves....

Cold? Not the word I'd use to describe it ... More like freaking cold. Gloves won't help much, but without, you'll get frostbite almost instantly. I'd suggest something like welders gloves that are very well insulated and leather.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Dry ice is so cold that it causes skin burns exactly like those caused by heat. I was certified to handle Liquid Oxygen (LOX) when I worked at McDonnell Douglas Aircraft and you REALLY need to be safety conscious when when working with Cryogenic (ultra cold) substances. That goes double for use of eye protection. The stuff will really hurt you!

Off topic but interesting.....Working with LOX, consentrated O2 vapors would collect in your clothing and you were not permitted to smoke for 30 minutes following a LOX job. Lighting a cigarette would cause you to burst into flame with the O2 in your clothes! That HAD to hurt!

Flash

Since you brought up lox ... Ever seen a charcoal grill lit with lox? Lol

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Ever seen a charcoal grill lit with lox? Lol

No, I never saw that but it must be exciting. I was very respectful of LOX and it didn't take more than one warning for me to keep fire away. LOX is highly concentrated O2 and would excite any fire. Hey, as long as we Hijacked the thread and in the interest of safety, a drop of LOX splashed on the ground will spin around and sputter like one of those fireworks that chase around. It actually sizzles. If a penny is dropped in LOX, it will shatter when hit with a hammer If a hammer is dipped in LOX, it will shatter when hit.

Protection includes a water deluge shower to get the damned stuff off of your skin. As I said, it produces burns just like something hot would. Lox runs below -368 degrees F. Dry ice runs below -69 degrees F.

Lox is used in the basketball size LOX converters used in the military aircraft. The ball is filled with LOX and a lot of O2 can be stored in a very compact space with little weight.

Flash

Mr.Adame

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Dallas, TX

I have never heard of this. I guess now I know that I'm doing tomorrow.

Top Bottom