Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    There are always outlier cases that need to be addressed.

I remember a man in a wheelchair who was blind. His self-defense weapon was an N-frame S&W loaded with 5-in-1 blanks. Given his situation (he'd been mugged a couple of times), he knew that he'd be in close contact with anyone assaulting him. His strategy was to grab the person and only fire his revolver if he could achieve muzzle contact.

Personally, I thought that was pretty smart. I kinda wish he had sprung for a MagnaTrigger conversion, though. I always wondered if someone might take the revolver from him. Still, it was a reasonable solution.
    Guns International

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    There are always outlier cases that need to be addressed.

I remember a man in a wheelchair who was blind. His self-defense weapon was an N-frame S&W loaded with 5-in-1 blanks. Given his situation (he'd been mugged a couple of times), he knew that he'd be in close contact with anyone assaulting him. His strategy was to grab the person and only fire his revolver if he could achieve muzzle contact.

Personally, I thought that was pretty smart. I kinda wish he had sprung for a MagnaTrigger conversion, though. I always wondered if someone might take the revolver from him. Still, it was a reasonable solution.

I was pretty ticked at a news story that was from 2014(?) where media and gun control people went nuts over a blind guy who got a concealed carry permit.

It was so damn ignorant because I've known a handful of people who were legally blind but only one of them completely lacked vision. One of them could actually see just fine but had some weird condition where interior lighting, especially fluorescents, made it impossible for them to see and she had to wear sunglasses indoors to function.

At the very least their marksmanship would be on par with a New York City Police Officer, and we still let the NYPD carry guns.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    i should've read the thread

Y'all are missing the point. From the site:

When this company started up (I remember hearing about it a number of years ago) it was their intention to get their design certified by the FDA as a medical device. If they had succeeded, they could have put any ridiculous price on them because your doctor would write you a prescription for one and your health insurance would be paying for it.

They failed to get their cert. Now, obviously they've lost sight of market realities. Their business model was based on being able to charge exorbitant prices and they haven't adapted. Maybe they're counting on the "bigger fool" theory that they'll be able to find 500 suckers to buy these things at the inflated price so they can recoup a percentage of their investment they consider reasonable. Unfortunately, that's not the way successful products are priced in the real world.

Best outcome? They make just one, I buy it, the company goes under, and the pistol becomes an idiotically rare and expensive collectible. Then all I have to do is go find the bigger fool... :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom