• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bandook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2015
    Don't like the idea of fingers being around the chamber.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Got a threaded barrel too!

You could suppress that puppy and hide it in your pocket, then take shots at terrorists from long range using the laser designator mounted on the picatinny rail!

I'd buy one of it was $150.

Sent from my HAL 9000

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Y'all are missing the point. From the site:

Disclaimer: The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined the Palm Pistol[SUP]®[/SUP] is not a medical device under section 201(h) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act because it is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease in man.

When this company started up (I remember hearing about it a number of years ago) it was their intention to get their design certified by the FDA as a medical device. If they had succeeded, they could have put any ridiculous price on them because your doctor would write you a prescription for one and your health insurance would be paying for it.

They failed to get their cert. Now, obviously they've lost sight of market realities. Their business model was based on being able to charge exorbitant prices and they haven't adapted. Maybe they're counting on the "bigger fool" theory that they'll be able to find 500 suckers to buy these things at the inflated price so they can recoup a percentage of their investment they consider reasonable. Unfortunately, that's not the way successful products are priced in the real world.

Best outcome? They make just one, I buy it, the company goes under, and the pistol becomes an idiotically rare and expensive collectible. Then all I have to do is go find the bigger fool... :)

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    These designs hit me with a dull thud. There are so many other products that could be used by handicapped shooters. Each product would be better, safer and cheaper than this design.

Flash

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Who else will buy a single shot for that price?
    I've paid a lot more than that for a single-shot pistol. Lots of people do. To be fair, though, the guns we buy are a hell of a lot more capable. Anybody shoot my .35 Remington at the last Hicksville?

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    It is an adaptive aid intended for seniors, disabled or others with grip limitations due to hand strength, manual dexterity or phalangeal amputations.

There have been members on this site and a few people I've run into at Academy that had some limitations on what they can shoot, so I understand the concept but it seems like with the array of guns available in the US you can already find something that works just as well or better, and that is not even looking at the price tag.

I also want to know what fantasy planet they were living in to think that the left-leaning government organizations like the FDA would ever certify a firearm as a medical device.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I also want to know what fantasy planet they were living in to think that the left-leaning government organizations like the FDA would ever certify a firearm as a medical device.
    I thought the same when I first read about this thing years ago. It was a huge long shot, yes, but when the government grants you special privileges in the market such as they were trying to get, the rewards can be astronomical. I guess they figured it was worth a try.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    I happen to know someone who, because of cp, cannot pull a trigger. I imagine there are others with other ailments who have the same issues. This would be as far from a sporting firearm as I can imagine but if it did help someone I cared about protect themselves then I'm all for it. The threads on the pistol are for a barrel extention, that when loading, allows people with dexterity issues to push the barrel to load or open the action without placing a hand over the muzzle. Personally I see this as a last ditch weapon for the disabled where they should wait until an attacker is in arms reach. Even better is that it doesn't give the appearance of a firearm even if it is already in the hand. I don't think it will be on my must have list but I'm happy that someone is trying to serve that market.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Not being a smart-ass here but serious query, is their CP so bad they can't even pull a single action trigger?

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Not being a smart-ass here but serious query, is their CP so bad they can't even pull a single action trigger?
    Pull a trigger? I don't know, but holding a gun, cocking it, aiming it, and maintaining a grip on it when fired? I certainly think it could be an issue. I also knew someone who had his fingers cut off in a accident. Just one hand but so this wouldn't be nessasary for him but this is the first handgun I have ever seen that might be usable with his bad hand,

Top Bottom