• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowzette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Pflugerville, Tx
    I have a Glock 19 for CCW. I also do a little combat shooting. My understanding is that these sights are very fast and practical for real world situations. Not a precise sight for distance target shooting. Anyone has experience with these sights? Would the Standard Dot provide more precise grouping and still fast target acquisition? It would be good if either sight permitted a shooter to group within the high score of the target at 20 yards, assuming one shoots that well with factory sights. Any experience with these sights?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I think either "can" deliver pretty good accuracy if the shooter does their part. There are a number of videos on Youtube that show some pretty good shooting done with the XS system. I'd post a link but there are quite a few so search for SX Sights in Youtube.

I don't have any on my guns, but have thought about getting a set for my G19. Seems people either love them or hate them.

bowzette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Thanks. I saw some fancy shooting by James Yeager, but didn't know if a mere mortal could hit much at 15-25 yards. Shot at the range today. Didn't hit much with factory sites-don't think it was the fault of the sights!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Personally ... having used alot of different sight choices, I greatly prefer a typical 3-dot or figure-8 sight. I find I have very repeatable accuracy in rapid fire strings using either version. With the XS you really can't gauge the entire sight picture rapidly ... all they do is force your eye to the front sight. I find that I have substantial vertical stringing using them and I find that to be acceptable for defensive purpose, but not worth pursuing as an aftermarket option. They also do not offer ease of operation during the nighttime in a near-zero light situation like you can get with a standard TruGlow or Trijicon solution.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Personally ... having used alot of different sight choices, I greatly prefer a typical 3-dot or figure-8 sight. I find I have very repeatable accuracy in rapid fire strings using either version. With the XS you really can't gauge the entire sight picture rapidly ... all they do is force your eye to the front sight. I find that I have substantial vertical stringing using them and I find that to be acceptable for defensive purpose, but not worth pursuing as an aftermarket option. They also do not offer ease of operation during the nighttime in a near-zero light situation like you can get with a standard TruGlow or Trijicon solution.

You just have to learn to use the 6 o'clock hold built into them. I've never had any trouble punching ragged holes at 15-25 yards with my XS sights. I love the setup, but they're probably not for anyone. Quick to acquire, easy to align IMO. I also think they stress "good enough" alignment, where standard sights, you're pushing for far more perfect than you need.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I tried them out on my friends G26 and I couldn't get used to them. I'm sticking with the standard 3 dot mepro's.

bowzette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Well no doubt I'm Obcessive Compulsive! Now I looking at Heinie Stright 8, or 50+(front sight is F.O.), or Quik sight, as well as 10-8 Performance with brass ball on front sight, and Warren Pros which are wider and can get F.O. front sight. Three dots not as appealing. I think a wide rear sight and more narrow front that the eye is pulled to. The XS Big Dot certainly qualifies. Don't know about others experience with these other sights that might be quick acquistion and a more precise picture for 15-25 yards for the range or "games".

Top Bottom