• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    So, one of the kiddos had to get something from Walmart today (she wants to secure employment for those the poor Chinese children who work in the factories to produce all the high quality wonderful stuff that costs $2 and lasts 2 weeks - sorry, wasted-money-on-crap rant over).

Of course, while we are there, I have to peruse the ammo case to see if there is any stock of the Federal 9mm 100 count boxes ($20 - can't beat it). None - as usual. But I do spot a green ammo can in the bottom of the case. Closer look - 420 rounds of green tip XM855. Selling for $166.

Couldn't believe it. I've never come across this before and I check the stock frequently. Was a pleasant surprise to see Walmart adding to their assortment (especially considering how corporate America is shying away from guns and ammo all the time and since this stuff is evil cop-killing, armor piercing, blow through engine blocks and brick buildings ammo).

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You can find it at Academy, too.

Expect to see it on ammo shelves for a couple of years because the military has replaced M855.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    Yeah a couple walmarts near here sell it.

Also the closest one to me has several AR variants including Colt 6920.

Now if one of them around here would only have a reloading supplies section like the one I saw in New Mexico...

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Yeah a couple walmarts near here sell it.

Also the closest one to me has several AR variants including Colt 6920.

Now if one of them around here would only have a reloading supplies section like the one I saw in New Mexico...

Here in Austin, there is only one store in the area that I know of selling actual firearms and that is a bit of a drive for me (Cedar Park). I keep telling myself when I'm nearby, that I'll stop by to see it with my own eyes.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    They had the 420 XM855 ammo cans in the dfw area a few months ago, but they quickly sold out everywhere I know of, and I haven't seen them since. Are the stores getting more shipments, or is this just in the central Texas area?

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Just got my second case. First one was a year or so ago for $145. $22 difference this time. O well. I dont buy enough of this stuff to complzain much

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    really? really?

Yep. M855A1, which is lead-free (some countries our military trains with don't allow lead bullets on ranges because they're pansies), and is supposed to perform better out of an M4. I'm not sure, but it should have improved lethality, and it's definitely better at going through barriers.

Top Bottom