• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Another vote for the Glock. No problem with XD, but I do not shoot them well. My son in law has two (2) and I just do not seem to group well with either.
    ARJ Defense ad

ohhrico1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Tomball
    I am a glock guy but I like how the xds can be pocket carried due to its slim profile. I have a sig p290rs 9mm I just got because I haven't been able to find one. Wish I could find a trade! The 30s is nice for a holster carry but the xds is more flexible to carry in multiple situations. My .02

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Went to the range last night and shot my buddies G36 and his G30....both are great. My brother went with me and brought his XDS 45 and it is REALLY nice. Again, coming from a guy who has been Glock from the get go......but I didnt even feel like I was shooting a .45. I just had to go try em both again before going tonite to make my purchase. Still on the fence, but leaning HEAVILY towards the XDS.

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    Went to the range last night and shot my buddies G36 and his G30....both are great. My brother went with me and brought his XDS 45 and it is REALLY nice. Again, coming from a guy who has been Glock from the get go......but I didnt even feel like I was shooting a .45. I just had to go try em both again before going tonite to make my purchase. Still on the fence, but leaning HEAVILY towards the XDS.

love my XDS.

600314_563443293674708_399676786_n.jpg

Barry Green

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    So you got a chance to shoot all three side by side? I understand you're leaning towards the XDS, but can you give us reasons as to why?

And you don't have to be a "Glock guy", you can be a gun owner who uses the tool that works best for him. Limiting yourself to one brand doesn't do you any favors, it cuts you off from options. Glocks are excellent and I'm looking forward to picking up a Gen3 19 when I can find one, but there are many other fine products out there too.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    So you got a chance to shoot all three side by side? I understand you're leaning towards the XDS, but can you give us reasons as to why?

And you don't have to be a "Glock guy", you can be a gun owner who uses the tool that works best for him. Limiting yourself to one brand doesn't do you any favors, it cuts you off from options. Glocks are excellent and I'm looking forward to picking up a Gen3 19 when I can find one, but there are many other fine products out there too.

Well, here you go.

G30- grip was just a tad bit fat, so getting my finger where I wanted it on the trigger was kind of a wierd. Just didn't feel natural, I dont want to have to concentrate on that if a "situation", God forbid, ever arises.

G36- Was a great little gun, a little heavier than the XDS, it is noticeably wider than the XDS, and the recoil was about the same as the XDS, though for the size guns they are, and being chambered in .45, I think they were both great on recoil.

XDS45- Ok here we go. As I said, it is even smaller than the 36, so you do lose one round. When I first picked it up to shoot it, I thought this may be a little uncomfortable to shoot.....then I shot......and it is amazingly smooth, and does not hurt the hand at all. Heck, my G27 is snappier and less comfortable to shoot. Forgot to mention in the previous post that there was also a woman at the range as well, with an XDS in hand. I bet she put 100 rds through it and she loved it. I just cant get over how concealable it is, how accurate, easy on the hands, and just an all around great gun it is.

I guess I was one of those guys that just refused to see the other options out there before now. Not saying Glocks aren't still really great, I will never part with my Gen3 19, or the G26. But there are other quality guns out there that are just as good and reliable. So I guess to sum it up.....Im choosing the XDS because it just feels good, its a small package in a .45, easily concealable....and I just fell in love with it. The grip, the way it felt shooting it, everything. It just worked for me.

Extra side note. My LGS, B&S Guns, had this for 699. I found it at a couple of other places for 579 and called and told them and they matched it for me. Cool folks.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Understandable, I am amazed with how well my XDS shoots. I bought one without every having shot one, I just "knew" it was going to be an outstanding handgun. As a matter of fact, every XD/XDM I've ever bought was without having shot one beforehand. They are just that good...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I noticed some comments about reliability of the G36. From first hand actual owning/using the G36, I've never seen anything that resembled unreliable operation. I only fondled the XD but see it as a good, solid design. The guys gave you the right advice: Buy both and try then out. That's what I do when a dilemma like this comes up.

Flash

Last edited:

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    There's a thread on ar15.com regarding grip safeties. More specifically, it nearly got one guy killed. Granted, it was on a Dan Wesson 1911, but still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    There's a thread on ar15.com regarding grip safeties. More specifically, it nearly got one guy killed. Granted, it was on a Dan Wesson 1911, but still.

First, it's on BARF.com. That gives it about zero cred.

Secondly, anyone who almost gets killed because of a grip safety shouldn't be handling dangerous things like guns. Unless they are out to prove natural selection works...

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Zero cred? Even when it's written by the guy who was shot?

I suspect you don't the story and are just talking out of your ass.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm on my phone, I'll try to find it later.

Or google "dan wesson, aar, ar15." That might work.

I also want to add, that I don't care if you choose to carry something like that, an XD or a 1911 for example, I'm just mearly giving my point of view.

Top Bottom