• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    So the luckiest pig in the world ran off to buy lottery tickets and my hunting buddy and I were looking for (and not finding) and signs that we hit the SOB. I would have settle for signs of droppings. I least I could say I scared the crap out of him. No luck though.

All of a sudden, Bugsy jackrabbit stirs and runs to a scrub cedar, convinced he's hidden from site.

One of the goals for the weekend was to take the bucket 'o pig guts to the spoil pile and set up a game camera to see what was feasting and when. Think 'yotes ...

No guts? Bugsy, yer mine.

So I unholster my XDm45 with the 5.25" barrell and tritium sites, rack a round of Hornaday 185g FTX and let go of a round.

The trigger was smooth as glass as I tugged. It could easily sense when I hit "the wall" and knew exactly when loud noises would occur.

The sites had this bright glow on the rears, but I did have a small issue seeing the front site. Not sure what the issue was, but need to investigate further.

Recoil was seemingly non-existant. The balance and weight reduction on the fore-end of the slide made for a steady aim and a quick reaquire of the target.

Again, overall, very impressed with the gun.

Epilogue:
    Buddy (while laughing uncontrollably)
    You went rabbit hunting with a 45?

Me (also laughing)
    Better than a rock .... or a 308, obviously. :banghead:

ARJ Defense ad

Top Bottom