• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    DFW
    I have decided that my new edc is PROBABLY going to be the springfield XDM 9mm. I have held both of these guns at the gun store and like the feel of them but i wasn't sure how much of a difference each will be to conceal in a holster (IWB). So i wanted to hear from some of the XDM owners that have the 3.8 and which one did you go with and any problems with concealment? Thanks a ton cowboy
    Gun Zone Deals

cwd500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    sour lake
    I have a xd9sc that I carry all the time with the short mag. Every once in a wile with the right shirt I can carry the long mag. I would recommend getting the compact for edc. With the compact you also get a full-size mag and sleeve. I also picked up a kydex hybrid holster like the crossbreed super tuck and I can carry all day long.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Is the question as to whether you should get the copmensated pistol (the one with vents in the top of the barrel)? If that is the case, I'd opt for the non-compensated one. Yes, there is less muzzle flip, but you'll have lots more flash and it will be louder.

Good luck!

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I bought my XDM 3.8 40 full size to play. And my XDM 3.8 45 compact to carry. The full size grip is hard for me to conceal @ 3 o'clock

a6cd0a29-f342-4a0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Armyguy80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Cibolo
    I have the XD SC in 9mm. With the flush fit magazine I find it to be incredibly easy to carry IWB(crossbreed/great holster,comfortable) I am a lefty and find around the 7oclock works welll. With the XD by going with the extended mag with sleeve its like having 2 guns in one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Celeste
    the safe bet is the sub compact. thats what i EDC, but as i get a more ccw friendly wardrobe i could easily go to a full size XDm.

IMO the difference comes down to the grip when carrying. if you chose the xdm there is no need to get the 3.8. since that 1.2 inches you save are down your pants anyway.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    I used to carry a full size beretta 92fs on 8oclock position (yeah I am left handed) so now XDM 3.8 full mag seem pretty easy to conceal.

Danton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I own both the XD9sc and the 3.8c, both with a Pearce mag extension. Both outstanding - so much so that I'm following Rangel's lead - my XDm 3.8c .45 should be here in a couple of days. I don't carry either 9mm very often, but if I were to it'd be the XDm hands down. Not much difference in concealing it, but the XDm platform is better than the XD (no surprise), offers a .8" longer barrel, better overall feel, accuracy, recoil attenuation, etc. The full-sized XDm is a great pistol, but it's a big gun...much harder to conceal than the 3.8c, which is relatively easy to (principally why SA developed it). If you like the platform you can always save up for the 4.5" for HD/nightstand, or even cold weather, heavier clothing carry. Best of luck!

Top Bottom