• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    Hey Guys! Happy Friday!

I purchased a new Springfield XDm-Elite Compact 9mm, really to fit my 2nd MCK, but thought it would be a decent backup if the need ever arose.

Problem I am finding (for me) with this model is that freaking magwell at the base of the unit. See Pictures attached. The.grip and my hand really don't fit right, that magwell is right between my pinky and finger next to it

I was able to take the magwell off and you can see what the unit looks like with the pictures.

I was able to find a Pearce pinky grip which I attached and fit wise, it is perfect.

Problem: Although the magazine with the pearce pinky extension fits in the firearm ok, when I eject the magazine, it does not "spring" out as the original ones do. Its not a huge deal, but its not right and it bugs me.

I think I see the problem looking at the two magazines side by side (picture) it looks like the original magazine (right mag in picture) spring sits close to the middle of the little hole on the magazine where the gun catches it. However, the magazine with the pearce pinky grip sits high (left mag in picture.)

See pictures attached for better viewing.

Any ideas?

Magwell.JPG

Magoff.JPG

Yes.JPG

Magazine.JPG
    Venture Surplus ad

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Only way to be sure if its the baseplate effecting it - can you get or do you have the factory flush base plate too? A standard flush baseplate should have the magazine "pop" out - which I believe is what you're referring to.

Another option maybe be something like this:

You'll add capacity and have a place for your pinky.

Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    Only way to be sure if its the baseplate effecting it - can you get or do you have the factory flush base plate too? A standard flush baseplate should have the magazine "pop" out - which I believe is what you're referring to.

Another option maybe be something like this:

You'll add capacity and have a place for your pinky.
    Actually, that is a good test, I didn't think about that. With the unit purchase, a flush base plate for the magazine was provided. I am going to try that to eliminate the possibility that is actually is the pearce pinky grip. I just saw the different position of the springs in the separate magazines and thought that may be it.

The "pop" you referred to is exactly what I am speaking about. I hit the eject with the pearce grip magazine in it; and while it detaches, it does not pop out of the gun like the original magazine does. I have to pull it out.

That is a good option from Taylorfreelance, thank you. I was thinking if I am going to spend $30 per mag for something like that, I should just get the "official" springfield 19rd extended mag. I really like the way the pearce pinky extension sits in my hand though.

1662732559498.png

Top Bottom