• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

NWS tells us to expect freezing rain, sleet, & surface icing.

Let me remind all who are South of IH10, & not used to this; that 4WD helps w/ traction but not BRAKING on ice.

Also, motorcycles & iced-over roadways don’t mix well.

Start early, go slowly, be home before dark. . . . . .

Stay SAFE, Y’all hear !

leVieux

<>
    Lynx Defense

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    There is no good reason to drive on ice period!
    On ice 4WD does not help nearly enough to make it a good idea to be out on icy roads. Snow yes, but not ice. 4 wheels spinning and slideing on ice helps nothing.

When I was in highschool and got my first pickup my friends asked why I didnt get a 4wd. I had actually given that a lot of thought having watched the 4WD guys when the weather would turn bad, I came to the conlusion that what 4WD does best is make people do stupid things!
    Later when I started driving wreckers, this theory was confirmed many times.

If you do have to be out in this weather, please be careful and watch out of the out of control 4 wheelers that think they are invincible.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    In Houston, we're experiencing freezing rain. Had to scrape the windshields. Haven't had to do that since I moved from Ill-Annoy to Texas 30 years ago.
    When I moved to Houston in 2000 there was some ice on car's. I was the only guy with a scraper scraping the windshield. Everyone else just started their cars and after the defrost worked they drove.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    In Houston, we're experiencing freezing rain. Had to scrape the windshields. Haven't had to do that since I moved from Ill-Annoy to Texas 30 years ago.
    I had to do stop and scrape ice a few times yesterday in I-30 as the windshield washer fluid froze.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    After the 4 wheel drives and other vehicles flew past my subaru on I-30 yesterday I later passed a few of them, although at a speed safe for the conditions.
    LOL! Everyone hates on Subaru's. I get it...lots of leftie tree huggers drive them. But shit, they are dang good vehicles. Not quite Toyota good, but close. I love ours.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    When I moved to Houston in 2000 there was some ice on car's. I was the only guy with a scraper scraping the windshield. Everyone else just started their cars and after the defrost worked they drove.
    Guilty...I don't have an ice scraper either. Grew up in NH, lived much of my adult life in AK and MT, but after moving to TX, I burned my snow shovel and broke my ice scraper. :stir:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    After the 4 wheel drives and other vehicles flew past my subaru on I-30 yesterday I later passed a few of them, although at a speed safe for the conditions.
    <>

Several years back, my older Son had a couple of young recent-grad Engineers working for him. one had the $90K BMW ‘’hot rod’’, the other had a Subaru.

Naturally, they had to find out.

Their admitted verdict: dead heat on a dry road, but on a wet road, the Subaru left the BMW, which cost over twice the price.

<>

Top Bottom