• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Wow! This guy is kicking ass! A friend just sent this to me. Go Arkansas!

Tom Cotton is 35 years old. He was just sworn in as a Senator one month ago.
    He is a graduate of Harvard and Harvard Law School.
    After 9/11 he joined the Army and passed on JAG Corps to join the infantry.
    He did combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, where he earned the bronze star, among other citations.
    He literally kicked the s--- out of this guy in less than two minutes:

Gun Zone Deals

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That was pure grandstanding, complete with a "drop the mic" move at the end...at least as much as can be done with a desk mic on a flexible stand. He made himself look stupid by ranting and raving about earlier and earlier terror attacks even after the man testifying told him the opening year of the facility.

The purpose of those hearings is to gather information in a formal setting. Instead, he just decided to be an ass.

That's not a problem for me. All politicians are asses, whether I agree with them or not.

This one will be fun to watch, obviously. That's about all I can say about him at this point.

Please note that I haven't said and won't say whether I agree or disagree with this guy. A thoughtful answer would require me to write a history book that I'm not qualified to author. And I'm willing to bet there aren't 10 people in Congress who are qualified to write it, either.

Man, I'm getting crotchety in my old age. </rant>

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If him and Ted Cruz ever get together it might create a black hole that every liberal politician will get sucked into and turn into antimatter

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I don't want the likes of Cotton, Cruz, Gowdy, etc. to put the pressure on the liberals as much as I want them to put the pressure on the establishment republicans, rinos, and career politicians of any political alignment. We need a national shake-up.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    His point was that Guantanamo does not cause further terrorism. I agree it's not the primary motive; painfully obvious by the fact that ISIS is killing tons of innocents solely because of their beliefs.

There may be other valid reasons to close it that weren't discussed though.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Most politicians are not used to direct questions requiring a direct answer. I though he was very good. Politicians and those that work in the government should be put on the spot every time they are in front of the mike.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't want the likes of Cotton, Cruz, Gowdy, etc. to put the pressure on the liberals as much as I want them to put the pressure on the establishment republicans, rinos, and career politicians of any political alignment. We need a national shake-up.
    Wisdom. Thank you.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    At least he's not shirtless on the back of a horse. That's been done already.

you talking about the Old Spice man?
    Old-Spice-Im-On-A-Horse-590x326.jpg

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I like Cotton's attitude and his point was valid.

We don't need to hold people forever in Guantanamo. Once it's been established that they truly are the enemy and any intelligence has been extracted, then they can be stored in some Afghan hell-hole as POWs.

The crazy libs in the "O" administration have no idea what the fighting is all about or what the enemy is about. (Note the woman earlier in the week who thinks ISIS will go away if those people can just find decent paying jobs. How clueless can one be?)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom