Gun Zone Deals

Would you be afraid to carry a S&W with a lock not fixed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The Daniel Perry case has no relationship to the original poster's question. Yes, leftist DA's are asshats, but you have totally changed the context to suit your desire to argue...you have a nice day.
    Are police officers allowed to delete factory installed safety devices on their duty weapons?

How about a trigger job to lighten that factory Glock trigger’s 5.5 lbs down to 2.5 lbs?

No? Why ever not?

If you don’t think a communist DA will push the boundaries to get a conviction on an evil maganazifacisthomophobe, then you should maybe stop tasting samples from evidence lock up and come back to reality.

Harold Fish was convicted partially due to the caliber of pistol he chose to defend himself with.

Lefty DA sold it to 12 morons on a jury.

In case you have not noticed, The Rule of Law is very selectively enforced these days.
    Texas SOT

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Well I can't attest to any of that, however I know 2 people personally that had the lock engage while firing which disabled the weapon. A 637 and a 360 pd if memory serves. Carry one with a lock and hope you are not the first to find out it locks while protecting your love ones or yourself. In a world that any firearm may malfunction, I try to hedge my bets in what I carry. You can disable the lock but it will void the warranty from S&W. I have only prelocks in my stable.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Use that logic and don't use hollowpoints. Nor magnums.

Nor any gun at all. After all, guns can kill people.

Paranoia...
    Well, no. You are comparing apples to rat testicles.

On ammunition choice though, you may want to avoid using gimmicky names ammo. You know , like;
    1696040612802.jpeg

Advertised as “extra sooper dooper learhal”.

Or how about ;
    1696040845073.jpeg

While both products may be awesome, I would not want to discuss why I was carrying Rest In Peace or Dead Right There ammo for self defense when there are a ton of quality brands out there that will do just as well and not be a topic of discussion to 12 tards not smart enough to get out of jury duty.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Feb 19, 2015
    Well, no. You are comparing apples to rat testicles.

On ammunition choice though, you may want to avoid using gimmicky names ammo. You know , like;
    View attachment 408278
    Advertised as “extra sooper dooper learhal”.

Or how about ;
    View attachment 408280
    While both products may be awesome, I would not want to discuss why I was carrying Rest In Peace or Dead Right There ammo for self defense when there are a ton of quality brands out there that will do just as well and not be a topic of discussion to 12 tards not smart enough to get out of jury duty.
    Same paranoia.

or.slacker

Dec 27, 2018
    US
    My first rifle with a lock, I tossed the key in my safe and went to the range for the first shooting. 3-4 shots in, it locked up. After getting hpme and reviewing the lock assembly, I found it positively locked open or closed, but it was possible to leave it in the middle where it could change states. I used the key to make sure it was locked open. I verified it couldn't be locked without the key and then tossed the key aside never to be used again. The rifle has never had an issue after that.
    So yes I had a gun lock on me, but it was user error. Now I'm much more careful to set the lock open when I get a new gun with a lock.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete

May 10, 2010
    Texas
    Pre locks are expensive, leaving me with Ruger or Charter Arms.

My ffl says don't be a pu$$y BUT his handcannons(460, 480, 500, etc)have locks and he's a hell of a shot(single handed double action ringing 6" steel when we had one five out of five times).

I haven't asked if anyone has experienced a lock out but who knows, I might, the NP doubled somed of my meds and I got lots of energy this evening!

Thanks
    Mike
    I have several with the lock, one 642 that I do carry. I've never had a problem with the lock in any of them including a 629 and a 625. The 625 has fired thousands of rounds thru it.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Several of my revolvers have the lock, however none has caused me any problem.
    If anyone is afraid to handle their revolver with a lock, I will test it for them a few years until it is determined that it can't fail. :roflsmile:

servis

Feb 7, 2016
    Denton County
    My first rifle with a lock, I tossed the key in my safe and went to the range for the first shooting. 3-4 shots in, it locked up. After getting hpme and reviewing the lock assembly, I found it positively locked open or closed, but it was possible to leave it in the middle where it could change states. I used the key to make sure it was locked open. I verified it couldn't be locked without the key and then tossed the key aside never to be used again. The rifle has never had an issue after that.
    So yes I had a gun lock on me, but it was user error. Now I'm much more careful to set the lock open when I get a new gun with a lock.

This sounds like it could be the reason for a lot of failures. I have seen a few handguns with locks and would have never considered this. Might be mentioned in the owners manual that would get left in the box.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This sounds like it could be the reason for a lot of failures.
    I disagree. This...
    ...it positively locked open or closed, but it was possible to leave it in the middle where it could change states.
    ...sounds like poor design.

A mechanical on-off switch should be either off or on. Competent design should prevent any possibility of it being left "somewhere in the middle where it could go either way."

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I disagree. This...

...sounds like poor design.

A mechanical on-off switch should be either off or on. Competent design should prevent any possibility of it being left "somewhere in the middle where it could go either way."

Internal locks on firearms are the definition of incompetent design.

But I don't think the clintons really care about the quality of engineering that goes into a firearm

or.slacker

Dec 27, 2018
    US
    All my firearms already came with a safety device. It's called a trigger.

Top Bottom