Gun Zone Deals

Worse: shooting the bird or showboating?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Super Bowl which was worse?

• Little girl shooting the bird

Votes: 6 22.2%
    • Showboating

Votes: 2 7.4%
    • Not playing hard the whole game

Votes: 3 11.1%
    • Football SUCKS (for all the above)

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    On the one hand we got this little girl M.I.A who stuck up her middle finger during a song at half time and it was just HORRIBLE!!! I mean I didn't even notice will all the simulated sex acts and dry humping going on.

On the other hand you got 22 showboats on the field. Well maybe not 22 but anymore it seems any decisive play will end in some sort of dance or "signature" move. You want to do a fist pump, jump up and down that's fine but the happy dance needs to go. I mean the guy that made the play did it with the help of the other 10 people on the field.

Since I am ranting I got to say this Amadeus Bradshaw time wasting "tactical" spin around and sit down might be good tactics but it makes for an insulting game. I remember when fans, cOaches and players would fight hard every second. That Super Bowl looked like a bad "survivor" TV show.
    DK Firearms

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I didn't even notice will all the simulated sex acts and dry humping going on.

Were you honestly offended by Madonna's show? I was expecting her signature cone-titties and was disappointed at the lack thereof. That show was tame. Then again, I would have expected that most people would have realized that Super Bowl halftime shows suck a long time ago. I do blame the network for not catching M.I.A.'s flip-off, but it really doesn't bother me. Who did they have last year, The Black Eyed Peas? Garbage.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The FCC will get paid their fines. M.I.A. gets her 15 min of infamy. I don't think we should pretend prime time tv is innocent anymore though. We've come a long way from Leave it to Beaver.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    The FCC will get paid their fines. M.I.A. gets her 15 min of infamy. I don't think we should pretend prime time tv is innocent anymore though. We've come a long way from Leave it to Beaver.

This is true. Frankly, I'm surprised that it's even making news. Oh no, something happened at the Super Bowl. Shame it wasn't a boob again. I like boobs.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I really was not offended by the halftime show. You see things as bad on commercial TV.
    I just remember then the Super Bowl was the event and now it seems it's just a side act for commercials.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    maybe i dont hate football itself, but i hate NFL for sure.

if people got as excited about important issues as they do about football i dont think our country would be a f'd up as it is.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I really was not offended by the halftime show. You see things as bad on commercial TV.
    I just remember then the Super Bowl was the event and now it seems it's just a side act for commercials.

Pretty much nailed it.

The Super Bowl is center stage for the Corporatocracy that we live in.

The_Outlaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Texas
    What do you expect from a LibTard like this skank 'mia'.
    She was not only flipping the bird to the cameras, she was flipping the bird to America in general.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    fHcHY.jpg

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    What do you expect from a LibTard like this skank 'mia'.
    She was not only flipping the bird to the cameras, she was flipping the bird to America in general.
    exaclty what they said on FOX like 5 minutes ago.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Gotta be honest, watched the superbowl commercials and hardly payed any attention to the game, changed the channel at halftime. I really don't see how everyone is so worked up about Mia or M.I.A., whatever it is flipping the bird when 14 yr old girls and boys watch shows like glee and learn the lack of consequences of teen pregnancy, sleeping around, alchohol and everything else you don't want your kids to think is cool and glee is probably one of the least provacative and irresponsible. Major double standard. Don't really bother me to much cause I plan to teach my kids with my actions and have no problem pointing out what I think of the actions portrayed on television In somewhat less than PC terms.

michael e

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    If the media did not make a big deal of her flipping the bird I wouldn't have know about it. I had the game on but wasn't really watching it.

Top Bottom