DK Firearms

Woohoo! We reached the 25,000 member mark!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Honestly, the numbers mean very little. If over half of the "members" have never posted, what's the point of celebrating that?

Because half of them have? I guess I'm a glass is half full kinda guy on this one.

Plus, it should be quality over quantity.

It pretty much is. TGT is easily the best gun forum I've ever used; the percentages of quality posts here are at least a little higher than other forums and usually considerably so. Plus, unlike other gun forums, we're allowed to use adult language here, which is cool, because banning words like "****" and "Shit" is pretty stupid when a respectable percentage of forum discussions revolve around the subject of ending other people's lives.

Talk about killing people but don't use naughty language while doing it? No, sir. Thanks, but not for me.

It would be interesting if this forum had a 'like' feature where people could positively rate posts

Eh. Survivalistboards has that "feature" and at the end of the day it's completely meaningless. Even if the numbers were somehow made statistically meaningful (such as correlating number of posts to number of likes), at the end of the day someone with a lot of likes can still be an asshole and end up on your ignore list.

I like TGT where it is. Not too hot. Not too cold. But juuuuust right.
    ARJ Defense ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    eyes2Bamy_zps7ccba65b.gif

(sent from the "like button")

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'll also point out the "Likes" thing would make those of us with high post counts appear to be slouches when the number of likes we get is compared. New members would appear to be more helpful as their numbers would be more equal (oxymoron there, I know).

I guess I'm just a fan of keeping things simple and adding unbearably obnoxious members to my ignore list. Everyone else I'll happily argue with. :p

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Tapatalk doesn't have that feature yet.

I'll just start using the report button instead :p

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I honestly don't get that agitated about anybody on here. The ignorees and ignorers, usually have the most humorous posts if you back up a bit.

Top Bottom