• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I did not think it could be possible to make a movie this bad starting with a good Clancy novel. But they managed it. And screenplay was written by Taylor Sheridan who has done lots of good stuff.

Yes it is that bad.

Bad acting, bad action, wokeness, silly plot, it has it all.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Read up on the movie version, and it sounds like they departed a lot from the book.

Tom Clancy books IMO are really difficult to translate to the screen. He spent a lot time and research into making his books some of the most technically accurate novels a person could read. That type of book is difficult to make a good movie out of, unless a huge amount of money is spent making the movie.

Without Remorse, is an extremely long novel, so I'd have to assume a lot is left out in the movie.

I really haven't seen any movies based off his books that did the book justice. A couple of the movies are decent, or okay, but not great.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    My favorite Clancy novel. Second is Cardinal of the Kremlin.

They fucked up an excellent story. Absolutely butchered it and turned it into horseshit.

Honestly, I think the only way to make most of his novels onto the screen, would be to make a mini-series, so that all the back story and prior history could be shown so the viewer has an understanding of why the characters are who they are, and why they do what they do.

Even a 2 hour movie isn't long enough the explore all the things in one his books.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    It was NOTHING like the novel. It sucked donkey dick. And swallowed.

Protagonist was a SEAL, but that was it. It checked every "inclusiveness" box except for someone in a wheelchair.

Also, the enter Russia with NATO weapons instead of bringing AKS or AKM rifles.

Last edited:

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The movie was trash, not to mention that 75% of the footage was so dark you couldn't see anything. I wrote a bomb review on Amazon before I even finished watching it but my overall view was that it was a waste of almost two hours of my time.

The push to imbed Woke culture into movies gives us ridiculous characters and roles that are unbelievable which destroys the author's plot lines. I liked Michael Jordan in the Creed movies but he is way out of character in this one; they turned a grizzled 20 year Seal veteran John Clark into a character that is half his age and has no credibility as a Seal Team leader. Worse yet, the CO of the Seal unit is ludicrous as played by Jodie Turner-Smith is laughable since only an idiot would believe she would be a Lt. Commander over a Seal unit and her presence and manner of speech comes across more like a social worker.

Worse yet, the producers decided that action and special effects would make up for poor dialogue, the lack of character development and dull plot line. It was like watching the Bourne identity produced by 3rd graders.

It's too bad because this is an excellent story and the transition to film could have been like Hunt for Red October or Sum of All Fears but instead it turned out to be something that only Joe Biden could enjoy

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Without remorse has been one of if not my favorite book since I was in 6th grade.
    I won't be watching the abortion I saw previews for.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Without remorse has been one of if not my favorite book since I was in 6th grade.
    I won't be watching the abortion I saw previews for.

I watched the movie trailer last night. I was not in the least impressed. Calling it an abortion is being generous on your part!

Without Remorse IMO is one Clancy's best novels, and one of my favorites as well. Excellent read.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Honestly, I think the only way to make most of his novels onto the screen, would be to make a mini-series, so that all the back story and prior history could be shown so the viewer has an understanding of why the characters are who they are, and why they do what they do.

Even a 2 hour movie isn't long enough the explore all the things in one his books.
    Amazon Prime produced the Jack Ryan series, which isn’t complete garbage, but still is not Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    My favorite Clancy novel. Second is Cardinal of the Kremlin.

Without Remorse IMO is one Clancy's best novels, and one of my favorites as well.

What they said.

I will assume it’s like the the Vince Flynn movie. Phenomenal books and the long awaited movie was an utter disappointment, per the reviews.

Yep another instance of hollyweird destroying a great literary character with a garbage movie. Reminded me of the massive Jack Reacher character being played by Tom Cruise. More Hollywood garbage.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Was wondering around prime yesterday and watched a 2011 movie "Larry Crowne."
    It was just a sweet and funny little movie. No woke crap.
    And Julia Roberts is in it. I'd watch a test pattern if she smiles in it.

I liked Tom Clancy from The Hunt for Red October. And I think it was a better
    than average commiewood effort

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Was wondering around prime yesterday and watched a 2011 movie "Larry Crowne."
    It was just a sweet and funny little movie. No woke crap.
    And Julia Roberts is in it. I'd watch a test pattern if she smiles in it.

I liked Tom Clancy from The Hunt for Red October. And I think it was a better
    than average commiewood effort

A couple of his books that were made into movies, were decent movies, but IMO, no where as good as the book.

Top Bottom