• ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    This is a sore subject for me because the words " intent to alarm" have no proof.
    How could anyone tell if I intend to alarm anyone. Would the sight of a gun alarm some people? I think it would, but that doesnt mean I meant to alarm anyone. That is simply another persons opinion.
    Lets say I decide to walk my dog with my ugly blake rifle in the other hand. Who's to say I intended to alarm anyone? How do you proove it? Myself, I have never had any issue with this and yes, I have walked my dog while holding a riffle. I have hunted child molesters with my dog while holding a rifle. I have also used my dog to hunt hit and run assholes down while holding my rifle. Luck me nobody seems to be alarmed by what I do around here.
    So how do you Calculate to alarm someone?
    BTW, the only time I have ever been thrown in jail on a gun related charge was for having a gun in my pocket while driving down the road to get a hamburger.
    Texas SOT

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    How do you display a weapon in a manner calculated to alarm? Easy, anyone can do it. You bring a weapon somewhere and display it in such a manner that you believe people will be alarmed. The purpose of your display, in your mind, would be to cause others to be alarmed.

But in some cases might the Police view your display and assume it was calculated to cause alarm? Can people get arrested for displaying weapons, even when there is no intent whatsoever to cause alarm? Of course.

I think this law gives the cops way too much discretion to harass innocent gun carriers. And it is redundant. Threatening someone with a deadly weapon is already covered elsewhere in the penal code, namely as deadly conduct or agg. assault.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    How do you display a weapon in a manner calculated to alarm? Easy, anyone can do it. You bring a weapon somewhere and display it in such a manner that you believe people will be alarmed. The purpose of your display, in your mind, would be to cause others to be alarmed.

But in some cases might the Police view your display and assume it was calculated to cause alarm? Can people get arrested for displaying weapons, even when there is no intent whatsoever to cause alarm? Of course.

I think this law gives the cops way too much discretion to harass innocent gun carriers. And it is redundant. Threatening someone with a deadly weapon is already covered elsewhere in the penal code, namely as deadly conduct or agg. assault.
    Kinda the way I see it. Glad I did what I did to that you know what before it went you know where.

Top Bottom