• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xcrazydx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    I figure if you can hack my password, hiding my signal isn't going to help.
    Thing is, if the neighbors(or someone nearby) doesn't know it exists they aren't going to try hacking a pw.

They're gonna grab Joe dummies Wi-Fi that says att601 or whatever dumb shit they left it from the factory

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    See if you can find a copy of inSSIDer. It will show you what your computer sees for wireless. You should own at least one computer with it just to see if your neighbor is stepping on your Wifi,

There are 3 channels for 2.4GHz wifi. Channels 1, 6, and 12. There are some places that everyone picks one channel for an access point and degrade each others communications. Second, you could try another brand of wireless access point.

I recommend the ASUS right now. I replaced my Linksys top of the line units with ASUS and get significantly better range and speed.
    I'm on 7 because all my neighbors are on 6

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Maybe I should just install a network card. I might even have one around here somewhere,

Did you try the answer I gave youearlier? For me I had to find this hidden button to find out how to then change the way it was finding the router.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Did you try the answer I gave youearlier? For me I had to find this hidden button to find out how to then change the way it was finding the router.

I've messed around with the settings before.

I just went to look again and that shit doesn't pop up like it's supposed to. It does that sometimes too. Clicking on the lower left window icon does nothing either.

Did I mention that 8.1 sucks?

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

I just went to look again and that shit doesn't pop up like it's supposed to. It does that sometimes too. Clicking on the lower left window icon does nothing either.

IIRC this is what I did.

1. Far lower right corner and wait a few seconds.
    2. Options roll out left
    3. Click the gear
    4. Click PC Settings at bottom and wait
    5. from here I forgot where I went but I had to find out how to get rid of the old memory of the router it was looking for and reestablish a new connection.

ETA / I think it was Network that I went to but unsure

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Yeah, that ain't it. It'll just quit working so I pull up connections and it can't find any networks. There are 3 or 4 here but the adapter can't see them. Sometimes I have it plugged in and it can't seem to find that either.

xcrazydx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014

It's not Windows, it's your setup

Top Bottom