• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    The Windows 7 RC rocks... The first indication of WIN for Windows 7 was the fact that the x64 ultimate version installed on my PC in less than 20 minutes.

I like the new taskbar.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I'm using 32 bit, I didn't have to install ANY drivers. The main issue I've had is that the rather old versions of PowerDVD and Nero off the file server won't work. Oh well, the server needs updating anyway.

Eli

txsnowman2k2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009

when i was beta testing 7, i checked in on another forum for 7 that has all your answers you may have about 7rc. i don't think i can post the forum or link to it here so pm me and i will give you the link... very informative about 7...tx

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Windows 7 has been released to manufacturing (RTM).
    It will be available for sale on Oct 22nd.
    Microsoft partners (like me) are getting their NFR copies in Aug.
    It should be a big hit. I rarely installed many Vista to my clients but I can see much more going to Windows 7.
    It will also be interesting as there is no direct upgrade path from XP ~ only fresh installs.

jmsfmtex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Fischer
    I was already to upgrade from my XP when I read that I would have to do a clean install and then reload all my other programs. Too much work.

SATF

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Phoenix
    I have been running 7RC for a couple of months with zero issues, I really like it a lot and I am not a tech head or anything... It just seems to work well!

Art

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    No direct is kinda lame, but sometimes when you gotta wipe the slate and rebuild the machine so to speak you end up with a better product. I don't mind my XP SP2 at all, never gives me any trouble, and I outlived the Vista switch. I suppose my next box will be Win 7 RC, but my laptop will be making the switch to Ubuntu in the near future.

It'd be nice to have a solid retrofit for DirectX 10 for XP... then I wouldn't have much of a need to upgrade.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I've got no problem with no direct upgrade. In-place version upgrades have never worked well. You always end up with lingering garbage from your prior version that causes problems down the road. It's always better to perform a fresh install.

Blue Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    I installed Win 7 about 3 weeks ago and I love it. This is what Vista should have been. As a matter a fact I've done a fresh install twice took about 20 min. each time. 1st one I got a virus. My fault:banghead:
    I'm running Windows Ultimate 64, i7 CPU 920.
    I love it. I have one of those PC's where I have space for 4 hard drives. So I keep Vista unconnected in the bay and Win 7 connected, plus another drive for storage. In case I need to go back to Vista,I just unplug and plug.
    So I'm buying in Nov.

Top Bottom