ARJ Defense ad

windmill,pump, pressue valve,storage tank.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Ok I need to be able to leave the water pump on and when the water level gets right below the stock tank then it shuts off.

From what Ive read I need to thread a pipe from the bottom spikit and connect it to a pressure valve then that gets connected to a storage tank(say 50 gal.) Then I need a pipe from the storage tank to a float and that gets clamped to the stock tank. Correct?
    Venture Surplus ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No - run a line from the storage tank to the stock tank. Install a float on the stock tank that turns "off" when it's full. No need for a pressure tank if there's no pump on the line.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Windmill? You need a hole about 2" below top edge of water trough. Install a fitting there and run a line back to well head and into casing. Let the windmill run, any excess is dumped back into the well. Trough stays full, no pressure tank, no float valve.

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Gebo's or tractor supply have float valves to screw onto a garden hose. If yer pressure tank and pressure switch work well then you aint out but about 20 bucks.
    I'd trust one for a 2 week period without being checked on. There's a round rubber gasket that seals on the valve. Needs cleaning and such every couple of weeks.
    Little Giant is the brand name.

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You say there's a windmill pump in the well too? Save a lot of money and headache just using it and overflow back into well casing.
    If you need to go electric, I can get you there.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Theres a windmill and a electric pump but, the windmill keeps on breaking down every 6-8 months. Theres only one windmill repair guy in four counties but my uncle wants to use the well pump and forget the windmill.

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    what horsepower is the pump? Is it submersible or jet pump (above ground)? How deep is the well?

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You must be out on the South Plains to know what a Gebo's is. Bet you've seen a Higginbotham Bartlett Lumber yard too. I miss home.
    Sorry for the hijack
    Yep, spent some time and money in Higginbotham Bartlett.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    No close how much hp. Couldnt I get a multi psi pressure valve? I need links, prices for this also a storage tank. I dont need a 125 gallon like a 50 is all I need.

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The type of pressure switch depends on the pump HP and voltage. The The wrong size pressure tank will cause the pump to cycle on and off frquently during use. It's best if the pump capacity is matched to pressure tank size and extend pump motor life.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What are you exactly trying to do, CB?

You are kinda all over the place. You went from filling a stock tank to putting in a whole water system.

Your well should be on a timer. If it isn't, the well pump could run dry and burn the pump up.
    Just let the well pump into the starage tank, and run an overflow from there to the stock tank. When the storage tank is full, then the excess goes into the stock tank. If you are getting excess water, shorten the timer. Not enough, more time. Unless I am missing something, you are trying to overcomplicate it.

The timer on my well only lets it pump about 20 minutes every couple of hours. My storage tank has a float that shuts the well off when full. We get plenty of water for our household.

By the way, if you decide you need a 250 gallon plastic storage tank, let me know. It is the style that fits into the bed of a truck. I also have some 55 gallon metal drums, but you would have to clean them out really good. Either way, I will hook you up.

Top Bottom