• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I picked this up about 1 year or so ago. I got it from a friend who needed some cash and isn't a gun buff. He shot it only a handful of times(easily under 100 rds.). It is an 80s production Pre-crossbolt safety winchester model 94 trapper with saddle/sling ring. In his posession it had basically sat in a closet and was ocassionally handled and never really cleaned. It produced some "speckling" or patina on the receiver but elsewhere the gun looks great for its vintage. After a thorough cleaning I took it out and put some rounds through it. So far probably 'bout 150. It handled great but shot way right. I gave the rear sight a tap or two and now it's on the money. It is fun to shoot but I would prefer a full length barrel or all-weather gun. I would like to trade it for a new/newish Marlin 336 SS in 30-30, I am also interested in a glock 17 gen 4 pistol, an S&W MP pro 9mm or anything by STI. I am looking for an even swap and prefer to meet FTF in the Austin area. If you want more pics, PM me with an email and I'll send you what I got.
    DK Firearms

Country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    If you happen to be coming towards The Houston Metro area , I would trade you a Black Remington Model 700 SPS Varmint 223 for it . . .

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Neat little rifle, I have one, dealer was going out of business and I got it for cost plus 10% plus StateTax, gave it to my son later, we scoped it.....

Kyreb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Houston TX
    Nice rifle. I would love to find one pre cross bolt safety in .44 mag. That one has been on my bucket list for a while now. The cross bolt safety really meesed up the trigger pull on those rifles.
    It is a shame Winchester quit producing the 94.

Top Bottom