• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NovemberJuliet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Bought from my grandpa a few years ago. Made in 1978. When I bought the barrel was rusted and etc.

Here is it now. Still work in progress but looks way better than it did.
    a730264d9f115ff8987a9153a58417ad.jpg
    Guns International

Basset_Hound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    Looks pretty good! The only item I have from my Dad's father is a 1951 Winchester lever action 30.30. I plan on passing it down to my children.

Why do our pets always work their way into our gun pictures? lol

Mycin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    McKinney
    Nice restoration! Always keep the family guns ........................ in the family!

A few years after my dad passed away, the house caught fire. Mom and my brother thankfully got out unharmed, but all dad's guns were lost. The single-shot and bolt-action Mossberg .410's and .22 rifle my brother and I learned to shoot with. Dad's old 16 ga. pump. But maybe worse of all -- the 7.7 Jap that my uncle brought back from Okinawa as a trophy and gave to my dad.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    A few years after my dad passed away, the house caught fire. Mom and my brother thankfully got out unharmed, but all dad's guns were lost. The single-shot and bolt-action Mossberg .410's and .22 rifle my brother and I learned to shoot with. Dad's old 16 ga. pump. But maybe worse of all -- the 7.7 Jap that my uncle brought back from Okinawa as a trophy and gave to my dad.

Sorry to hear that! I gotta' ask, did everybody grow up shooting a Mossbert .410 bolt action?! I did, my wife's brothers did, etc., etc.

Mycin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    McKinney
    Dad liked hunting with the Mossberg .410. I remember dove hunting as a teenager. We were all shooting 12, 16, or 20 ga. (I had a 12 ga. side-by-side at the time) and there's dad with his .410 bolt action, out-shooting us all.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I have an old Sears Model 200 shotgun which is a rebranded Winchester 1200. My parents purchased it for me when I was a kid. Has a long barrel with poly choke. Ugly shotgun. Not worth much on gun broker but can't part with it. So, planning to have the barrel cut down to 18" and turn in into a Winchester 1200 defender. After I cut it down, will add a extended mag tube plus swap out the the front furniture to match what was on a 1200.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I have an old Sears Model 200 shotgun which is a rebranded Winchester 1200. My parents purchased it for me when I was a kid. Has a long barrel with poly choke. Ugly shotgun. Not worth much on gun broker but can't part with it. So, planning to have the barrel cut down to 18" and turn in into a Winchester 1200 defender. After I cut it down, will add a extended mag tube plus swap out the the front furniture to match what was on a 1200.

Were it mine, I think I'd just clean it up good and keep it as it is. It's got family history behind it. As I get older, I wish I'd kept more family items to pass on. You can always find a cheap Mossberg, etc. to cut up and accessorize. Just my two bits.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Were it mine, I think I'd just clean it up good and keep it as it is. It's got family history behind it. As I get older, I wish I'd kept more family items to pass on. You can always find a cheap Mossberg, etc. to cut up and accessorize. Just my two bits.

The way it now, I'll never use it. Figured if I cut the barrel down I take it of the safe occasionally. Once day I'll pass it on to my family. Who wouldn't want a 18" pump shotgun? Make a great defense shotgun to have around.

Top Bottom