ARJ Defense ad

Will these court cases be the death of California's assault weapons and high capacity mag bans?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Washington Gun Law (Channel) President, William Kirk, discusses some recent orders from the Honorable Roger Benitez (Bush appointed), in the Southern District of California who currently has 4 separate cases before him all of which could have massive impacts on your Second Amendment Rights.

The video discusses the strong possibility that CA laws prohibiting assault weapons and high capacity mags (their words not mine) will be ruled unconstitutional within 30 days. Watch the video for details and why. And to hear Gov "hairgel' Newsom at press conference more or less confirm that will happen and he will use tax payer money to keep fighting to keep laws in effect.

As I follow if the judge rules these laws unconstitutional and CA appeals to next higher court, 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, to overturn and lose would the ruling apply to other states in 9th Circuit (OR, WA, NV, AZ, ID, MT). Interesting times ahead. I will wait for the game to come to me.
    Target Sports

Attachments

• southern dist.jpg
      southern dist.jpg
      4.5 KB · Views: 31
    • Roger-Benitez.jpg
      Roger-Benitez.jpg
      9.3 KB · Views: 29

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Well Judge ('Saint) Benitez finally issued his ruling. Here are two reports; one video the other text. Several 2A advocate blogs have reported this ruling as well.

Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, discusses the huge, but totally expected ruling in the matter of Miller v. Bonta, a challenge to California's assault weapon ban. Is this a big win? Yes, but does it help you today? Probably not, and we will explain why. So learn what all of this means and arm yourself with education today.

“Americans have an individual right to keep and bear firearms,” Judge Benitez wrote.
    (from AmmoLand blog)

P.S. Yes, I know where this is all heading; the ruling will be stayed while CA appeals to higher court which will likely rule in a manner that will allow the ban to continue until possible appeal to SCOTUS. The law will remain in effect for quite some time to come.

Attachments

• 300blk-LaRue-Tactical-AR-Pistol-600x399.jpg
      300blk-LaRue-Tactical-AR-Pistol-600x399.jpg
      44.4 KB · Views: 24
    Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, discusses all of the ongoing litigation involving state assault weapon bans so that you can assess where we are on those issues. From cases that are just about ready for oral argument, to one that has already petitioned for review to the Supreme Court to others that are stuck in purgatory hell, today we give you a quick rundown on all the applicable litigation so that you can arm yourself with education.

Top Bottom