• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • car23ny1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2016
    Hello everyone
    I'm new to Texas from South Carolina hunt is is a little different here as far as public hunting land to hunt.
    Can some lead me in the right direction as to where I can find some public land to hunt hogs I live in seguin but I'll make the drive if it requires it !
    Thank you in advance guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    go to the TPWD website and look up the public hunting land in your area. each area has its own set of rules. but still, not a lot of public land to hunt on in Texas. navigable waterways (any major river) is considered public hunting land though, as long as there is no city/county ordinance prohibiting it. i'm not familiar with bexar or the surrounding counties though.

car23ny1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2016
    go to the TPWD website and look up the public hunting land in your area. each area has its own set of rules. but still, not a lot of public land to hunt on in Texas. navigable waterways (any major river) is considered public hunting land though, as long as there is no city/county ordinance prohibiting it. i'm not familiar with bexar or the surrounding counties though.

Thank you buddy I appreciate the info anything helps when your new

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here

Texas Swimming Hogs are an endangered species.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    You act like you've never been to a river before. Are you trolling or really that naive?

The huntable portion of a navigable waterway extends from flood bank to flood bank. On most waterways that includes a large swath of terra firma that can be navigated by FOOT or ATV or horse. It's not the best option, but it is an option whether you acknowledge it or not.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I am imagining Savage20 strolling (nay, trolling) up and down the riverbank next to someone's private land. Savage is shot. The crowd goes wild. Another one bites the dust.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Riverbanks are public land and if you're shot and killed then it would be murder. You can't understand that concept either, huh? I have riverfront property on the Brazos, the Pecos, and the north fork of the Guadalupe. I see pig tracks all along the Brazos and Pecos, well within the boundaries of public land. On my piece of the Guadalupe it's all limestone cliffs but a bit upstream the neighbors do have quite a bit of hog traffic. Riverbanks are a very real option for public hog hunting, provided you can find river access without having to cross private property, and in an area where hunting is not prohibited by statute.

Btw, do you make a habit of murdering legal hunters?

Anything else you want to get butthurt about?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I hunted arrowheads in the river bank areas of the San Jac River. I'd anchor my Jet Ski in water near the shore and search the ancient shell middens in the shallow water. As long as I didn't go up onto private property, there isn't much anyone can do about it. Rivers are for navigation in Texas. They belong to all of us.

Flash

IndependenceRan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2016
    Gonzales, Texas
    Hunting on river can be tricky. From my understanding it has to be a navigable river. If that river turns into a creek you might be in violation. I would do some extensive research on local ordinance before you hunted in this way. Just be careful out there.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Riverbanks are public land and if you're shot and killed then it would be murder. You can't understand that concept either, huh? I have riverfront property on the Brazos, the Pecos, and the north fork of the Guadalupe. I see pig tracks all along the Brazos and Pecos, well within the boundaries of public land. On my piece of the Guadalupe it's all limestone cliffs but a bit upstream the neighbors do have quite a bit of hog traffic. Riverbanks are a very real option for public hog hunting, provided you can find river access without having to cross private property, and in an area where hunting is not prohibited by statute.

Btw, do you make a habit of murdering legal hunters?

Anything else you want to get butthurt about?

You, of all people - oh, I see - trying to troll the troll.:laughing:

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I would make contact with farmers/ranchers in the Victoria area. They have a huge hog problem out there and often allow people to hunt for free just to get rid of them.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

theblakester

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Austin, Tx
    I would make contact with farmers/ranchers in the Victoria area. They have a huge hog problem out there and often allow people to hunt for free just to get rid of them.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

This. Finding public land to hunt might be difficult for you. But so will earning the respect and trust or landowners out there. But you gotta ask if u want to get a yes. I suggest slow playing your hand by getting to know the locals and ask around who owns land that might let u kill some hogs in return for doing some labor on the property. Plus, Once u make some friends around there,it will probably get easier to find out who owns land with hogs on it halfway close by. But that part of the state has plenty of hogs.

Maybe find a few feed stores outside the city to stop by and ask if they know any land owners with hogs?

Top Bottom